NextPVR Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Pandora Internet Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is the support thread for the Pandora Internet Radio plugin described in the wiki here: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ndoraRadio

I will repeat the disclaimers here:

Internet Explorer 9 (only tested with this version but may work with others) and .NET Framework 3.5 are required. A free Pandora account is also necessary. Since a browser window is used for playback this only works on PCs and not on hardware "extenders".

Note that if you can't get Pandora to work in Internet Explorer outside of NPVR the plugin will not work. The plugin also does not bypass the geographic limitations of Pandora in any way (it seems to only be available in the USA at the moment).

Also note that since this plugin relies on the IE browser, simulated keystrokes, and the Pandora website to operate, don't be surprised if it is not terribly reliable (e.g. web page loading issues, focus issues, changes to the Pandora website breaking things, etc.).
Great stuff, thanks for this!
Love it when something works right out of the box.
Thanks for the careful instructions.
TomH
Thanks, TomH. I'm glad it's working for you.
TomH Wrote:On my NMT (eGreat M34a) Pressing UP for stations works, I get the screen that lists my Pandora 'Stations' and it is correct. Upon selecting a station the screen clears back to the 'Press up for stations" screen and just hangs.

Any ideas on what I can try to do to get this working on the NMT?

Sorry, the plugin uses a browser window for playback and so will only work on a PC.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry to hear that it's PC-only -- that isn't working for the primary use/value of nPVR
Maybe there'll be a way someday Wink

Cheers,
TomH
Will Pandora plugin work with the Firefox browser?
Grampz Wrote:Will Pandora plugin work with the Firefox browser?

It uses the .NET browser control which is Internet Explorer so you can't make it use Firefox.
I can't pause or stop playback... the only way I've been able to do it so far is to just hit the power button on my remote (sends a Ctrl-F4) which closes NextPVR.exe itself. What am I missing?
johnsonx42 Wrote:I can't pause or stop playback... the only way I've been able to do it so far is to just hit the power button on my remote (sends a Ctrl-F4) which closes NextPVR.exe itself.

What remote are you using and what commands does it send? Both work find on my standard MCE remote. It responds to the standard 'CTRL+S' ('Media Stop') to stop/close the Pandora player and 'CTRL+Q' ('Media Pause') to pause/play. Note that 'CTRL+Q' doesn't currently work directly from the keyboard (only works from the remote) since it seems to pass the keystroke on to the browser window.
I'm using the standard Hauppauge remote, with EventGhost capturing the button presses and passing keyboard commands... it's worked for everything else in NPVR....

oh, I just realized I don't have the Stop button mapped at all in EventGhost (I could swear it used to be... where did it go?), and the pause button sends a keyboard ctrl+q which you just said doesn't work. will fix and report back.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3