NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting mvpmcx2 to work right.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
re-Barr Wrote:For those of you that have such lovely experiences with your PCH can you tell me how you have the mvpmcx2 installed please? I have it installed on the npvr server and have just had a terrible time getting it to work right. the PCH has such low WAF that she won't use it anymore. I have wondered if the usb stick would make things any better.

Can you give an example of what you mean? Is the problem simply finding the program or loading mvpmcx2 or problems in use. The location on a share, an internal drive or USB won't make any major difference on actual use. On connecting you might have a problem if you don't have a fixe IP for the server, or if there is problem resolving your Windows share name, and you would resolve this by editing the name on the PC to use the IP instead of \\SERVER\mvpmc notation. Firewalls also get in the way, but that will impact playback too.

Martin
Sorry for the hijack on the other thread.

What I have experienced is that less than half the time will the mvpmcx2 actually load. the rest of the time it waits for awhile and then goes back to the nmt menu. Then once it loads it will play this recording but not that recording. If you close out of npvr and go back to the nmt screen then after several attempts to get back in it will play that file but some other file won't play now. All of these play fine on the nmt menu (only missing the commercial skips which annoys the wife.)
And so in hopes of getting things improved I upgraded to the latest firmware recently (through the popcorn hour menus) and since then I have started getting into npvr even less... more like once every 20 tries. It now does the "request cannot be processed" most of time. some times the npvr via network browser works sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it is the first option that works, sometimes it doesn't. the index.html file doen't seem to work anymore since upgrading the firmware.

I am at work now so I can't post any syntax check or logs but will do so tonight.
re-Barr Wrote:Sorry for the hijack on the other thread.

What I have experienced is that less than half the time will the mvpmcx2 actually load.

From reading your post I am guessing at several potential problems

- Never mix trying to load with the Network Browser and direct to the share. It takes a power off to change the configuration. Try to get direct playing working.
- For now rename the index.html it sounds like it is getting the way.
- playing some files could mean you are trying to play them from a share. Configuration of the NPVR Recording services as as user will help this.

Upload your npvr.cgi and the output from NMT Syntax check and I might see some other things.

Martin
Syntax checker gives me this:

Checking for mvpmc share on BARRDVR1
mvpmc C:\mvpmc

Checking GB-PVR.html links
C:\mvpmc \GB-PVR.html not found

NMT IP Address: 192.168.2.7 MAC 0006DC80CB32

GB-PVR Installed

GB-PVR previously uninstalled

N-PVR Installed C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR
<a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHARE/BARRDVR1:mvpmc/npvr.cgi">N-PVR</a>
<a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHARE/NETWORK_BROWSER/browser.cgi">N-PVR via Network Browser</a>
<a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/USB_DRIVE_A-1/mvpmc/usb_a.cgi">N-PVR via USB</a>

config.xml entry found Client Type PCH2
MVPClientType PCH2
MVPWidth 1260
MVPHeight 680
MVPOffsetX 10
MVPOffsetY 10
MVPSendIncrementalUpdates true

Enabled true
Port 8866

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Checking NMT Version
01-17-110314-15-POP-403-000

Checking NMT Display
1080i 60Hz

Calling NMT Source
BARRDVR1:mvpmc
smb://BARRDVR1/mvpmc Username: Password Length: 0

npvr.cgi is attached. It has the server listed by ip which is 192.168.2.101

Quote:From reading your post I am guessing at several potential problems

- Never mix trying to load with the Network Browser and direct to the share. It takes a power off to change the configuration. Try to get direct playing working.

good to know I will make sure I am not trying to go back and forth. By power off do you mean the power and eject buttons?

Quote:- For now rename the index.html it sounds like it is getting the way.

Done sir

Quote:- playing some files could mean you are trying to play them from a share. Configuration of the NPVR Recording services as as user will help this.

um I am not sure if I am reading this correct... the server is saving the files locally not like a network share. And you mean is the recording service should not be a service? I will make this change now.
That setup looks ok, you should use the simple N-PVR choice when the source is mvpmc When I wrote power off I meant a full power off - unplug only to reset. If this is not stable you will need to edit the share (not share name) on the NMT and use the IP address. If you have a spare USB keyboard plug it into the NMT to save time.

If your files are local only you should definitely get consistent playback. Zip the log folder next time.

Martin.
Well I unplugged the PCH and let it sit for a moment. Then I plugged it back in, and the first time I tried to load it up NPVR started to load and actually flickered on the screen about 7 or 8 times before the system seemed to reboot and it put me back out at the PCH screen. I didn't touch anything during that times. I then tried to load it up again and it has loaded perfectly and played every file I have thrown at it perfectly. I have flipped the switch in the back before but had not actually unplugged it. So between that and the recording service I guess I will run this for a few days. and see what happens. Well I am exhausted it has been a long day. Good night sir. And thanks for what you do to help make npvr great.
So is it still working all "A-OK" now?? ..... if so you can probably try putting your index files back into play.
I will give it a try. Life has been flying by what with Christmas and all. So I have not had a chance to look at it anymore.

But this would be a good test since it has been a few days.