NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trying to set up EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if in in the right forum?

I've been trying to get a tv listing for my location without too much luck. I only get the programs for about 6 of the 48 channels detected? I believe they were found with EPG source of DVB/ATSC EPG. I've been trying to set up the source as XMLTV or Schedules direct (I signed up for the 7 day trial ok) but it apear as if i need a Grabber for Canada and United States tv_grab_na_dd, tv_grab_na and neither of them were included in the xmltv download and I can't find out where to get them from? (I'm using W7)

Also the channels that are found are all different then the channels I have on my TV or TIVO. Example > 153 unknown 66.9

I got a feeling I will have a few more questions before I get the TV Guide to a usable state.
You probably want support on the main forum, this is for the TVListings forums. Assuming you have already scanned channels, you should be able to use Schedules Direct, it is pretty much automated by NPVR when you enter your userid and password., but you need to create the various sets for the channels you want on the Schedules Direct website first If you have US and Canadian signals then it is a little bit harder to configure.

Note that if you are scanning QAM you might not be able to receive more than a handful of stations. Maybe enter your zipcode here http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/ to see what you get.

Martin
(moved to NPVR support forum)
THanks - Once I found out that I could just change the source of EPG from DVB/ATSC EPG to Schedules direct I was able to get the Guide data.

But I've also installed the plugin TVLISTING and XMLTvExtras and the extras don't seem to be working. For example when I go to TVLISTINGs > settings> Genres there are no Genres listed ? No ICONs are shown either.

After I unzipped the xmltvextras I put the 2 resulting files >> xmltvextra.exe and PostUpdteEPG.Bat in the same "NPVR\Scripts" directory.
This probably has to be moved back to TVListing, although I am not sure it supports genres from Schedules Direct.

Martin
I have a paid subscription to SD but despite three reports to their support that I was not seeing "new program" info they insisted that they were providing the info. If I looked at their raw code I saw that in fact they were not giving me that info. I gave up and went back to MC2XML, it works great with TVLISTINGS plugin and Martins ImageGrabLite gives me thumbnails for my recordings(Tks again, Martin).
OTAjunkie Wrote:I have a paid subscription to SD but despite three reports to their support that I was not seeing "new program" info they insisted that they were providing the info.

Look at my lists for Rogers they do provide it as the new='true' attribute.

Martin