NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DivX-XVid-AVI over MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have GBPVR working real nice for me now, and one of the last things I would like to try is to play AVIs over the MVP. What are my choices on plugins that can do this? I have some AVIs that are captures from my digital 8 camcorder, and I have some DIVX/XVID tv episodes that look better than what I record myself (They are HD captures).
I believe that Sub is testing support for this in the next release due out soon....

Hitek
Well, I finally enabled XRecord and installed VLC. I was real imressed with the picture. I have a divx or xvid of a HD Lost episode. it is 624x352 and about 350 megs. even after transcoding it to mpeg 2 (It seems to do variable 2.5mbs) it still looks better that what I captured directly! The interface isn't too cumbersome, once you understand what it is doing behind the scenes.
sub is going to add support for this?

I thought he said it would take a lot of his time to add this feature.

Would be nice, in the mean time xrecord.
ive installed Xrecord but when i click transcode nothing happens. On the instructions theres a second file, should this be put anywhere specific?
you need to install vlc. When you call start transcoding it will invoke transcode.bat in gbpvr. Which will convert it to mpeg. Then the play button should become enabled and you should be able to click on it.
ok. so ive installed vlc. is that all i do. Do i have to run vlc as well as gbpvr? and wher does the pskill.exe live. Sorry if this is a no-brainer.
you do not have to run vlc. When you click transcode it will call transcode.bat and hopefully transcode it to mpeg. If it doesnt try running the batch manually specifying a mpeg filename as an argument. But it should work.

pskill can be used in stoptranscoding. I havent put it in yet. But it is just a batchfile probably something like

pskill vlc
thank you. very helpful. I think the installation notes could be clearer or possibly dummed down a bit.
I only did some basic testing.

When I was running it on my 2.4 Ghz I was able to watch my 2 minute mpeg just by waiting a few seconds. It does a pretty good job keeping up with gbpvr.

If you need it faster you can always lower the quality in transcode.bat
Pages: 1 2