NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MS epg data only a week using mc2xml?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i'm only getting 7 days data with mc2xml from microsoft...anybody else having same problem?
Schedules Direct users as well? mine cuts off day after xmas, has for several days updates...same cutoff date for several days now..

a look at the xml shows the data just stops then...data all in good shape and imports fine..

maybe they're planning a change?
Sad worried..
I just did an updated (Schedules Direct) and I only have 8 days worth of Guide. I've not noticed this but as there hasn't been many new shows this time of year, I might have missed it.
Perhaps it is due to something year-end related as both SD and mc2xml seem to be affected.
Seems odd, you'd think if they were changing anything it'd be the 1st, 2012, not the 27th of Dec. I'm seeing the same.
This almost happened to me a few weeks back. What in fact happened was the channel numbers had been changed and that meant that my mapping was pointing to nothing. I use MC2XML. I also see my guide going blank next tues but will wait before digging through xml files.
From a quick check, I have Sched Direct data through midday on Jan 01. I think I have NPVR set for 14 days data.
whenever I notice it I redownload mc2xml and it has always cured it. There is nothing on their page that says anything about it but occasionally I have to do it. I was just noticing that my stuff has not updated since the 15th. So I have redownloaded just now can't do the update yet the fam is watching a movie on the server. just a reminder, the wiki has a link to their site.
Schedules Direct data is fine, but it looks like a Microsoft problem for some Media Centre users too http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_...02560.aspx

Edit, yes I see the end of my MCE guide too.

Martin
sure enough mine is still broken too.
yea, i thought it was a MS thing only...probably upgrading the servers or maybe changing to newer VMC style data only now? who knows..
customer notifications of major changes by companies that affects the customer directly is almost non-existent..

guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it for next few days...if it gets to be only a couple days left, i'm gonna start setting up SD.
well, I dug out my SD login info and set up a few channels. result, no data beyond next tues and no new episode *.

So, I used mc2xml but pointing to my Schedules Direct acct.(usually I just use MS legacy) with "-d 336" [14 days in hrs] and I get guide data until 2012/01/04. Go and figure?

BTW if the default amount of days for SD is 7, what is the max?
Pages: 1 2 3 4