NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MPEG4 channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a new DVB-T channel in Australia, TV4ME, which supposedly broadcasts in MPEG4.
I have the following tuners: Winfast DTV1000S, Winfast DTV 2000DS and Winfast Dongle Gold.
I can play the channel using the Winfast software, on all the tuner cards.

However, I can't play this channel with NextPVR in Live TV on any of the tuners.
Wrong decoder? Probably.

So, should I be changing the MPEG2 decoder in Settings or H264 decoder? Changing the H264 decoder has no effect. Do I have to restart the recording service after each change?

I have the following H.264 decoders. All give audio but no video: Arcsoft Video Decoder, ffdshow DXVA video decoder, ffdshow video decoder, DivX H.264 decoder, CoreAVC Video Decoder, ATI MPEG Video decoder (makes NPVR crash) and Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder.

If I do Media Info on the Live TS file, it says MPEG Version 2. So, is the channel lying when they say it will be MPEG4? If so, why does my regular MPEG2 decoder not work.
VLC plays the Live TS file, and again says MPEG 1/2/3

Any suggestions?
When broadcasters say mpeg4 they typically mean h264 video and he-aac audio in an mpeg2 transport stream. If you post a 20 MB sample on megaupload we can probably tell you if it should be playable in NPVR.

Martin
OK, thanks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=62Z4MWTJ

However, further Googling suggest that they have abandoned MPEG4 and gone back to MPEG2.
In which case, why is my usual decoder (Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder) not working?
It's a pretty standard mpeg2 SD video. If recordings play but live tv doesn't you might need to rescan if they changed formats.

Martin
Ah yes - too easy.
Many thanks, that worked. D'oh.