NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Which PowerDVD 11 Filters.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just installed PowerDVD 11 and know you have to manually register the filters.

But which ones should I register as there appear to be more than 1 in the audio and video directories.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.
In general you have to install for the videofilters the following ones from the folder Common/VideoFilter

CLVsd.ax and CLCvd.ax

The CLVsd.ax should be the PDVD 11 /SP Decoderm which is for SD and HD material and DVDs.
The CLCvd.ax should be used for .h264 playback because of the higher quality on HD material (but it is said, that it's quality isn't as good on SD material).
Caseyjones Wrote:I've just installed PowerDVD 11 and know you have to manually register the filters.

But which ones should I register as there appear to be more than 1 in the audio and video directories.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.
Just register all .ax files and try them out in npvr to see what works best for you. Usually H.264 HD material has very high quality, not to mention better spatial resolution than SD.
If he would do this, like you recommended, he would get at least 4 error messages while registering the filters and some of them aren't just usable outside PDVD11 (as an example CLTzan.ax).
ShiningDragon Wrote:If he would do this, like you recommended, he would get at least 4 error messages while registering the filters and some of them aren't just usable outside PDVD11 (as an example CLTzan.ax).
So what?