NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR so slow changing channels..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently rebuilt windows on my box ran GBPVR great no performance issues at all.. Now that it is rebuilt I decided to upgrade to NextPVR. But the performance is horrible. When i change a channel it takes from 10 to 15 seconds to change on the fast side and slow is like 3 or 4 minutes. Then it might just say the tuner is begin used when nothing is begin recorded. I have a feeling it is the recording buffer so you can rewind. I never used it on GBPVR and disabled it. So basically I have 3 options, 1 fix the lag, 2 stop the buffer, or 3 install GBPVR again but I cant find the files the link is broken. Running a AMD 3600 X2 dual core with a gig of ram. No other issues with performance I can tell.
What tuners do you use? I'm running almost the same cpu with 4 gig ram, and channel changing is pretty fast, unless it has to switch tuner card. And what OS?
It is a WinTV-HVR-1600, and running windows XP. and I was wrong it is a 3800 not that is a big deal. I ended up plugging my old drive that had GBPVR on it and it runs so smooth, but windows was getting slow so i decided to redu. I am going to try putting Nexpvr on the old drive and see if it is the install of windows that is messing it up.
bluespectrum Wrote:It is a WinTV-HVR-1600, and running windows XP. and I was wrong it is a 3800 not that is a big deal. I ended up plugging my old drive that had GBPVR on it and it runs so smooth, but windows was getting slow so i decided to redu. I am going to try putting Nexpvr on the old drive and see if it is the install of windows that is messing it up.
I have npvr running quite smoot on a XP client installation, but I would recommend Windows 7 for better video performance.
Channel change times in NextPVR should be about the same as GBPVR. If it's slower, it wouldnt be by much. Reproduce the problem then post the npvr.log and nrecord.log and I'll see if anything stands out.
I restarted the computer and tried to watch live TV. The please wait was on the screen for 10 second then the screen was just black could not change the channel. Attached the log. I thought I fixed it last night by changing the Video render to VRM9 overlay and changing some of the decoders but I guess it was a short fix.
There is no obvious cause shown in the logs, but I'm guessing this slow channel change will come down to something about the combination of decoders you're using. Try other decoders.
I've noticed that things are sometimes very slow the first time I select a channel, and had wondered whether it was perhaps anti-virus software scanning the decoder. Perhaps try disabling anti-virus temporarily, at least as a diagnostic test?
I have a related problem, would appreciate any suggestions. I just moved from GB-PVR to NPVR, it all went very smoothly and I'm up and running. I've run into a problem though - I use a HD-PVR w/ a STB switched over Firewire. On my last 2 programs the recording starts before the channel switch, and the STB had been set to a SD channel. The resulting file, with ~120 frames of SD video followed by the HD is causing comskip to cack. Is it possible to delay the recording to allow the channel switch? If not any suggestions on a command line ts trimmer so I can trim the 1st 30 sec off? I tried to use ffmpeg from the npvr/others folder but with the command

C:\Program Files\NPVR\Other"\ffmpeg -ss 00:00:30:00 -i "Strong Men_20111227_10001100.ts" -vcodec copy -acodec copy strong_trim.ts

a file w/ no video was created.

ty for any help!
Great idea but I never installed anitvirus on it.
Pages: 1 2