NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me just say thanks to all of the developers and people helping out with NextPVR.
Being a old GB-PVR user from way back its a great bit of kit and it runs superbly compared to GB-PVR.

I have installed and gotten almost everything working, the only thing left behind is all the broadcast details for my recordings in have done in GB-PVR is there a simple way to dump the GB-PVR database to import broadcast details in NextPVR?

The only other thing I noticed is there is no shutdown/restart/hybernate function and no way of seeing how much disk space is left.

Many Thanks for NextPVR!
look in wiki plugins for "system"
thanks stustunz, installed and configured. works great
Volume is another thing missing install that plugin also
phil.from.aus Wrote:I have installed and gotten almost everything working, the only thing left behind is all the broadcast details for my recordings in have done in GB-PVR is there a simple way to dump the GB-PVR database to import broadcast details in NextPVR?

If you have a recording-dump.xml from GB-PVR (or if GB-PVR is still installed you can create one) you can import it into NextPVR
I tried that yesterday and none of the files would launch.

I read the file and found that I needed to update the drive letters for my folder and now it all works!!

pretty happy right now!
So a week and a bit out from the new install, Things I have noticed:
I have had the recordings stop recording.
I rescheduled them and it came good.

Q: Is there a way to hibernate/sleep the PC between recordings?
tick the box run recording service a s service or what ever it is
if you still get missed recording note the time and date and upload your zipped up logs folder (sub will need these to check reason)
it should just sleep between recording if you set it to go to sleep (nextpvr lets windows know when it needs to be awake) Think you have to set it for more than a certain amount of time to sleep or you will get false sence that its not working right)
Some more info here: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...ight=sleep (by searching for the keyword 'sleep' in the forums).