NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD ISO playback with NPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all

I've read as many threads as I can find and am a bit unclear as to whether there's a way to play DVD ISO files on the NMT? I have mounted my Video share as part of my npvr.cgi, comfirmed that it is mounted via telnet. When I navigate to a folder with a single ISO inside and press play, I get to the colored PCH screen but then it goes black and back to the NPVR menu. Configuring a SMB Network share to the same folder (using setup on the PCH) I can navigate to the ISO, press play, and after the colored screen I get the DVD menu and all is well. This is a DVD of home movies, no DRM involved. If the folder has a VIDEO_TS folder instead of an ISO, the direct NMT share still works but NPVR never even gets to the colored PCH screen.

attaching the MVP log, the file is called 1990.ISO. Is the "backdoor"method of playing ISO files working in NPVR or was that GB-PVR only?

tyvm!
Sub didn't implement it as cleanly as he did in GBPVR, you need to hit play on the folder containing the .iso. Other than that the mount command will be the same.

Martin
Hi Martin

tks for the quick reply - I tried hitting play on both the folder containing the ISO and the ".." folder inside there - same result. THe logs indicate that the file was being sent, and the PCH switched to te screen I associate w/ DVD playback, but then aborted. Are there any logs to check on the PCH?

I should mention that the folder is 1 level down from the share point; the share is \\Media-server\Video and the file I Want to play is in \\media-server\Video\HomeMovies\1990.

Cheers, thanks again for all your work. These media extenders are what make NPVR so useful for me, as did the MVPs with GB-PVR.
What are the mkdir/mount lines that you used? You have NextPVR configured to load from the drive D:

Martin
mkdir /mnt/\\\\media-server\\Video

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.12/Video /mnt/\\\\media-server\\Video -o username=xxx,password=xxxx,ro

media-server is the NPVR PC, I set up a "Video" share the same as my mvpmc share. I can cd into it and ls the files via telnet to the PCH. D:\ is the hard drive on media-server where all my recordings etc. goes, and D:\Video is the folder where the home movies I want to watch on the PC are.

THanks!
You can't mix and match drive letters and unc naming when using DVDs. That wouldn't have worked in GBPVR. Instead of D: configure NPVR to use \\media-server\Video or configure the mounts for the D: drive

mkdir /mnt/D:\\Video
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.12/Video /mnt/D:\\Video -o username=xxx,password=xxxx,ro

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:mkdir /mnt/D:\\Video
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.12/Video /mnt/D:\\Video -o username=xxx,password=xxxx,ro

Martin

That worked perfectly! Thanks Martin, it is great to be able to access these from inside NPVR!

D
Great, I'm glad you got it working. Setting it up isn't really intuitive but it does job.

Martin
Sorry to pester you Martin, but I've somehow managed to break my DVD playback. I spent the last month ripping our DVDs onto my hard drive. I was running out of space, so I got another drive for them and did the following
1) Made a new folder D:\Home_Movies
2) Mounted the new drive with no letter, onto D:\Home_Movies
3) Shared the new folder
4) edited my npvr.cgi to include

mkdir /mnt/D:\\Home_Movies
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.12/Home_Movies /mnt/D:\\Home_Movies -o username=xxx,password=xxxxx,ro

which was exactly whatit read before except that I had "Video" instead of "Home_Movies". I replaced my Video Media folder in NPVR settings with D:\Home_Movies.

When I start the NMT I can telnet to it, cd into /mnt/D:\Home_Movies and cat a txt file that I put there so I think the share is working. In NPVR (on the NMT) I can navigate to the .iso files, but when I go up a level, select the folder and press play it goes through the PCH screen then back to NPVR. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? logs attached.

tks
Can you play the .ISO files through the NMT interface?

Martin
Pages: 1 2