NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ac3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am having skipping issues with sound on NZ HE-AAC. AC3 seems much better, but I have to select it manually every time. Seem to recall being told there was a value in the config which allowed AC3 to be selected as default. I can't see it for looking.... If someone would point the way pls

What are the HE-AAC decoder options ?? would like to sort this as well.... Started off with Monogram, moved to Divx and am now on LAV. Problem is micro stutters in playback which gradually gets worse with time. Lipsync wanders as well. Am getting some grief from the family....

Running NPVR 2.2.6 with R1 patches on Vista...

Cheers Chris
If my memory server me you have to make a registry setting in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NPVR\PreferAC3=1 (or true)
Thanks Reddwarf, AC3 sound now works as default.

Any suggestions re HE-AAC codec?? Other than the ones listed above, are there any worth giving a try ??
lemming Wrote:Thanks Reddwarf, AC3 sound now works as default.

Any suggestions re HE-AAC codec?? Other than the ones listed above, are there any worth giving a try ??
I don't know of any other HE-AAC codecs that works, I use LAV on my server and DivX on one client and that works good here.