NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recurring recording channels not tuning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a strange problem with my DCR-2650. Several channels will not get a good signal, and the channels are ones that have a recurring recording. TVLand is one of the channels, that tunes in, plays for about 1 second then freezes. A&E does not tune in at all, and gives message "cannot communicate with recording service", and AMC just gets black screen. All of these channels have, or have had a recurring recording, and are the only ones in the lower SD cable tier that won't tune. All of the upper tier HD channels have no problem.

Recently Comcast switched around all the frequencies, when they dropped all the analog, so I had to rescan and update channels. That broke many of my recurring recordings, so I updated npvr.db3 with the new channel oid's to fix them. Don't know if I broke something.

Could these channels be locked to an incorrect frequency by the recurring recordings? I've deleted them and rescanned them in. Any suggestions?

Logs attached of me viewing channels that do tune and don't tune.

Thanks - and Happy New Year!
Can you watch those channels in live tv?
No, the conditions described above are trying to watch live tv. Also, forgot to mention that the channels tune properly in WMC.
When it comes to DCR-2650 channels, the app doesnt store any frequency information. It tunes by vchannel number. You'd probably have to look at the nrecord.log when a failed recording/livetv happens to check if it's tuning the channel number you expect. Look for these lines, and check th channel number:

Quote:2012-01-01 10:22:22.164 [DEBUG][16] Executing: C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe 201003BE set /tuner0/vchannel 53
Ah, could these channels have moved from copy-freely to copy-never/copy-once?
You're getting an error in your log on AMC though. Did you edit the tuning string correctly it shows

<ChannelOID>7148</ChannelOID>

but I see

Deleting old listings from Channel OID: 8041 (AMC)

Martin
sub Wrote:Ah, could these channels have moved from copy-freely to copy-never/copy-once?

Yes, now that I look at it, TVLand and AMC are copy-once. A&E though I get the "cannot communicate with recording service error" and that is not copy protected, so I must have screwed that one up somehow.

I'll contact Comcast, they were very responsive to removing the copy protection, once you found the right person.