NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Troubleshooting a QAM Tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had some trouble over the weekend when suddenly my USB Tuner's CQAM Tuner "Failed To Start" And left me with 1 tuner so no simultaneous recordings. Tried uninstalling the device and changing drivers, then updated to latest NPVR. Now I show more tuners than before and I'm wondering if I can delete all devices from NPVR and reinstall the USB Tuner then let NPVR redetect my devices.

Using a Diamond TVWonder 750U With Windows 7.
I think that with the current version of NPVR the only way to remove previously detected devices is to start off again with a blank database ;(
The snag then is all your recorded show listings, recurring shows and mappings get lost.
You could use a tool like SQLite Manager, which is a plugin for Mozilla Firefox, to delete the tuner entries from the npvr.db3 database. Make a backup first :p
I did a fresh install and there's no more errors but CQAM Tuner shows no TV picture and doesn't scan for channels. I mapped the BDA Digital Tuner scan to it and it looks like it's running in the Device Status when trying to view TV. However there's no picture and no file created in temp folder. It's present and enabled in Devices but no picture. Seems odd that it looks like it's working, but not.
Here's a log and some other info on my setup.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Thanks for the replies. Down to 1 tuner not so good.
Jimdish255 Wrote:I did a fresh install and there's no more errors but CQAM Tuner shows no TV picture and doesn't scan for channels. I mapped the BDA Digital Tuner scan to it and it looks like it's running in the Device Status when trying to view TV.
Do a scan then zip and attach the npvr.log and I'll see if anything stands out.
Beginning to question my sanity as I was now getting "unable to find device" and "tuner filter" errors so I ditched the small flex extension fpr the USB and changed ports. TV now works with one tuner and doing CQAM scan. Coming up empty and will attach log. Zippo on the scan. Re-enabled working tuner and shutting down.

Might be looking for a new USB tuner or other small device to attach to my lappy if it can't be fixed.Any ideas on a compatible device would be helpful if this is shot
Tuner that works:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I have to go sharpen some skates for my game. Back in an hour or so.
Jimdish255 Wrote:Beginning to question my sanity as I was now getting "unable to find device" and "tuner filter" errors so I ditched the small flex extension fpr the USB and changed ports. TV now works with one tuner and doing CQAM scan. Coming up empty and will attach log. Zippo on the scan. Re-enabled working tuner and shutting down.
There is no sign of any problems in those logs. It looks like it goes through the motions, but the device never manages to lock onto a signal.

Not a bad cable connected to the device?

Quote:Might be looking for a new USB tuner or other small device to attach to my lappy if it can't be fixed.Any ideas on a compatible device would be helpful if this is shot
The Hauppauge HVR-950Q is a good device for ATSC/QAM.
sub Wrote:There is no sign of any problems in those logs. It looks like it goes through the motions, but the device never manages to lock onto a signal.

Not a bad cable connected to the device?

The Hauppauge HVR-950Q is a good device for ATSC/QAM.

Cable works on 1 tuner but not the other?

HVR-950Q looks OK. Any thoughts on this as an option?

http://www.amazon.com/Avertv-Hybrid-Vola...ewpoints=1
Pages: 1 2