NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any New Channel Changer Programs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are there any new channel changer programs for us users using a set top box and a Microsoft Media Center USB sensor? I had used HIP until the developer decided to not be in any rush to support 64-bit Windows 7 so I have been using IR Server Suite, but it doesn't blast true commands. What I mean by that is say I want it to change the channel to 55. Instead of seeing the light on the MCE sensor flash once for 5 and again for a 5, it pulses 5 times, waits, then pulses another 5 times which sometimes is too slow to properly change the channel.
BTJustice Wrote:Are there any new channel changer programs for us users using a set top box and a Microsoft Media Center USB sensor? I had used HIP until the developer decided to not be in any rush to support 64-bit Windows 7 so I have been using IR Server Suite, but it doesn't blast true commands. What I mean by that is say I want it to change the channel to 55. Instead of seeing the light on the MCE sensor flash once for 5 and again for a 5, it pulses 5 times, waits, then pulses another 5 times which sometimes is too slow to properly change the channel.
Version 4x of HIP works great on 64-bit systems, I'v used it for more that a year.
Every time I install it and get to the part of learning my remote codes, it crashes.
BTJustice Wrote:Every time I install it and get to the part of learning my remote codes, it crashes.
Strange, I'v done that a lot. Did you report it in the HIP support forum?
i had same issue with hip, and worked with dev to fix it but couldn't figure why it was working in 64 but not 32bit.
always loved the interface but it isn't a service so can't talk to mce hardware directly anymore...[requirement past vista]

have you tried learning the remote's codes within IRSS? not using pre-built codes... i use that now too..works great..
i found some of the user-contributed stb codes weren't properly done, so i made my own and it's much much faster/better..[and smaller]

if you try learning codes off your stb remote, place it about a half inch away from the eye, and be sure to try again until it blasts reliably..
and for my dish box i had to place blast eye about a half inch AWAY from stb eye for it to pick it up..placing it over eye wouldn't work at all..[too strong]
so lots of experimentation needed... but soo worth it Wink
I programmed my own codes into IRSS blasting the MCE sensor with the DIRECTV remote. I don't think it is the IR code that is the issue. It is how it is sent. I seem to remember HIP didn't pulsate the sensor so much and channels changed.
oh, then you're holding the remote key too long when learning..
i just hit it as quick as i can and still have it register..otherwise you get repeating codes learned, and that's how it blasts them..
btw, most of the d-tv boxes are already in the preset codes, so may want to try those first..[most directv use the D10 or HR10-250 codes]
all codes should be exact same size after learning, or they aren't clean..

what box do you have? i'm using a h20-100 [silver] so if you have one of those i have perfect codes already..Smile

here's my h20-100 codes...try em but make sure not to place blaster too close to receive eye....[mine is mounted on front, off to side about half inch from eye hole]
turns out they also work on the cheapest d100 box too..Smile
Yeah i reckon that also PBS
I dont use irss for changing channels but i use it to control my amp etc and found you had to just do a quick click of buttons
stustunz Wrote:Yeah i reckon that also PBS
I dont use irss for changing channels but i use it to control my amp etc and found you had to just do a quick click of buttons
Yep, that's the same procedure I had to use when learning HIP the codes.
I have the H21/100 as I needed one with an S-Video port.

On learning the codes in IRSS, I think that might be what I did wrong. I held the buttons too long. I went through 0-9 again just quick tapping.

The only problem I have now is when I change the channel in NPVR that NPVR freezes while doing Live TV.
Pages: 1 2