NextPVR Forums

Full Version: VMR9 Renderers - What's the difference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running NPVR on Windows XP and i have a choice of 3 VMR9 renderers. Can anybody explain what the difference is between them and is there a general recommendation on XP? Normal VMR9 seems to give me a letterbox picture for some reason.

By the way, i'm using ffdshow for all the decoders.

I'm sure the answer will be far more complex than the question but here's hoping..... :-)

(excuse the typo in the subject - obviously i meant VMR9)
I can't give you the lowdown on each individual renderer, but VMR9 FSE is the only only one that does not exhibit the maddening "tearing" screen artifact with XP.
On XP you need to use VMR9 FSE - only this one is working correctly.
Just make sure you installed latest NPVR patches.
Thanks for that. I love NPVR..... But there is so much to learn. It drives my wife up the wall because I'm always "tweaking"!
Depends on what your playing back also
I only record/playback SD and use cyberlink decoder and vmr custom with perfect results(No tearing and perfect panning and ticker tape)
On other systems this combination doesnt work
Its depends alot on what video card you are using and the type of media

The big downside of fse is that it takes over the screen and other things cant be shown ontop of it but generally gives the best display of video in XP

Try them all and see what works best for you

I found FFDshow gave a micro stutter every minute or so which eventually drove me nuts