NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Install Audio Sync & EPG Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had Windows 7 running with a HVR-1150 for a couple weeks now. Today I downloaded and installed NPVR 2.2.6. I really like the look and feel, but I've got a couple issues.

On about half the channels, the audio is way out of sync. In some cases a couple of seconds off. However it does seem to self-correct within a few minutes of being tuned to the channel, so it is liveable.

Also my card is ATSC and QAM. Only the cable is connected to the card so I did the QAM scan and it found all the channels that are available. However, no data appears in the EPG even for the channels that the scan was able to identify.

I've tried manually naming some of the channels and then updating the guide, but that hasn't helped either.

Can someone please provide some pointers for the EPG problem? Thanks
Regarding the EPG - there is typically no EPG data in the QAM stream from cable. This seems to be only available in OTA ATSC in the US, AFAIK. You'll have to use an "external" EPG source, such as Schedules Direct ($25/year but 30 day free trial) or a scraper like MC2XML. I use Schedules Direct and it works perfectly and worth the $25 to me. I think there is info in the wiki about setting these up, it's a bit tedious.
I had pretty bad sync AC3 issues with LiveTV until sub released this patch http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post422122

Martin
Thanks to you both. As for the EPG, I ran MC2XML, mapped my channels (I only get around a dozen or so) and VOILA! - a full and correct program guide!

I am astounded at the quality of this piece of software. I previously had tried WMC7 and liked it - except it ran my CPU at near 100% all of the time, as did the WinTV7 app that came with my card.

NextPVR runs it between 30-40%, a huge difference. Plus, WMC7 found only 2 QAM channels and had absolutely no data in the guide. WinTV7 found the channels, but has no integrated guide.

After trying both of those I spent several hours looking into a MythTV setup, but it was far too complicated for me. Still I installed it on a test machine but hated the fact that I had now lost the capability to use any of my Windows programs and overall disliked the way it looked and ran.

NextPVR seems to have everything and works better than the commercial sw bundled with my TV card.

Now I've just got the get my remote mapped, but that's a subject for another thread. ;-)

Thanks again!
Today I installed an old Audigy SE card with SPDIF output and AC3filter. Right away my audio sync was way off. Martin, I remembered your post and came back here, followed the link you provided, downloaded the patch and made the change to cofig.xml. It instantly fixed the problem.

Now I've got great AC3 surround sound and perfect sync - thank you for taking the time to point me to Sub's great fix!