NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HANGING: "mount mounting\\192.168.2.7"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the NMT (M34A) startup process, following the index.html startup screen, the process hangs with the following line on screen
"mount mounting\\192.168.2.7"
the IP is the IP of the NMT

Trying to do a reinstall of the NMT using NMTINstall2.exe...
I get stopped with the following:
--------------------------------
ComputerName: TOM-HP
NPVR Data Directory: C:\Users\Public\NPVR
NPVR Program Directory: C:\Progranm Files (x86)\NPVR
Output folder: C:\mvpmc
Installing to: C:\Users\Public\NPVR
Download: C:\mvpmc\NMTInstall.xml File Not Found (404)
NMTInstall.xml error
--------------------------------

Not being able to do a reinstall using NMTInstall2.exe (which has saved my butt repeatedly in the past) leaves me totally lost - anyone have any ideas on where to start?

Thanks for any help you can give
Tom
Did you get the new NMTInstall2 from the wiki, I updated it last week when mvpmc.org was turned off? Do you have a static IP for your NPVR server?

Martin
TomH Wrote:NPVR Program Directory: C:\Progranm Files (x86)\NPVR

typo or error?
Martin,
Thanks for you quick help (seems you are always there for all of us, thanks, really).
Okay, got the new NMTInstall2.exe via the link on the Wiki (the new Wiki pages for NMT are really great, looks to have all the bits in one place with the hints needed too)...
That did the trick! NMTInstall2 never (again) fails me Wink

Static IP for NPVR server? We had a discussion about this a few years ago... don't know (can't remember) whether it's static or not. Where would I look to see if that be set as static? By the very question you ask, there must be some implication there - if you have the time to explain that it would be appreciated but, since things are working again, not necessary.

PS Yes that was a typo (C:\Progra"n"m Files (x86)\NPVR) - nice catch!

Thanks ever so much for your always kind and helpful assistance,
TomH
There's some nice screen shots of setting up a static IP on your PC at the wiki http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i...c_IP_Setup

Marin
mvallevand Wrote:There's some nice screen shots of setting up a static IP on your PC at the wiki http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i...c_IP_Setup
Marin
Martin,
That's great info! That it covers the Router and the PC side of the issue all in one place is what neanderthals like me really need!
Thanks very much for that help.
Cheers,
TomH
mvallevand Wrote:Did you get the new NMTInstall2 from the wiki, I updated it last week when mvpmc.org was turned off? Do you have a static IP for your NPVR server?
Martin
Martin,
One last point for clarification... did the screen info "mount mounting\\192.168.2.7" imply that the NMT was trying to mount to the NPVR server? -or- that NPVR was trying to mount the NMT?
Thanks,
That's partial mal-formed output on the screen of some error message on the mount.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:That's partial mal-formed output on the screen of some error message on the mount.
Martin
Thanks.