NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Painfully Slow FF & RW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When watching back a recorded program or resuming live tv from pause my playback and fast forward functions are virtually unusable.

When I attempt to fast forward by even a single press of the > key on my keyboard often times the screen goes black and nothing happens for 30-45 seconds, after which playback will resume maybe 10 seconds from where it originally left off.

So I wait 30 seconds to skip ahead 10 seconds. It's the same with trying to rewind.

My PC is somewhat old and limited - a single core P4 2.8Ghz with 1.5GB RAM, however I was originally using WMC 7 and even though it ran my processor at nearly 95% always, fast forward and rewind did work smoothly.

NextPVR on the other hand only taxes my CPU at around 25%, but FF and RW are not usable.

Any ideas or suggestions??

latest version 2.2.6 on Windows 7
Try and dis-able Windows Media Features>>Windows Media Center
make sure you have all the patches for 2.2.6 detailed in the sticky thread at the top of the npvr forum installed. it includes

26. fix long delay after skipping while paused - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...326#post420326