NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WebRadio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I see that McBainUK has done some really nice work on this page on the wiki but I'm not totally sure all the information is 100% relevant to NextPVR (like the reference to batch files for example) & I'm also not sure the linked file is the latest version??

I am trying to get my clean install of NextPVR updated to the latest versions of all the plugins etc. that I use all the time & WebRadio is right up near the top of that list for me, can someone confirm that "v3.6 Updated 2011-04-08" that is on the wiki is the latest version?

I also will be using it on my NMT's but I don't think "Download:UbuRecordingServiceSetup.zip" as a separate file is is now required? (but it is a very long time ago (& the very first beta) that I got up & running on with my last clean install so I can't remember)
Actually I think steeb did the work copying it from the GBPVR wiki. I hate to admit I don't know what the latest public version was, probably April is the latest. I keep it up-to-date for myself but I don't really distribute any of the small changes I make, the plugin wasn't popular enough to justify the effort. I did email you and ACTCMS a version that handles some images better in July.

The UbuService is still required for NMT playback of anything but mp3 streams.

Martin
I'm not totally sure about the "wasn't popular" so much & seeing as you (with a bit of help from me) did all the work to produce it & as it works so bloody well, why not just update the wiki download file when you do an update for any of the others that use it??

Ahh yes I do have a July version sitting there (I didn't loose my downloads HDD when my old PC decided to finally die two days after the new one was up & running, just the "c:/" drive). What do I have to do to get the UbuService installed & what is needed to get the advanced stuff running?? (I can't remember at the moment Sad )

BTW steeb started the wiki update ages & ages ago & never finished it & looking at the logs McBainUK did the bulk of it in November.
Yup, Martin right I think on this.

I did the original wiki work as Web Radio was my most heavily used plugin with GB-PVR and was so excited when it came to NextPVR. As Martin has said for some reason the plugin really did not seem to be that popular.... I must be an old fogey, I like listening to the radio through my all in one Media solution.

I would have definitely consulted with Martin at the time and made sure that the latest version was what was referred to at the time I did the wiki page.

Unfortunately I have not had time to re-visit this page due to life getting in the way!

I know McBainUK has worked on it since.

It could definitely do with a little tweaking Wink

cheers

steeb
Jaggy Wrote:I'm not totally sure about the "wasn't popular" so much & seeing as you (with a bit of help from me) did all the work to produce it & as it works so bloody well, why not just update the wiki download file when you do an update for any of the others that use it??

I probably updated it 20+ times last year, and it's not worth the effort doing it as I go. I will of course address problems others have as they arise.

The wiki is supposed to explain the install, I'll check.

Martin
I've just had a look at the wiki page

some stuff was left by me as to complete and some stuff does appear to have broken since....

and of course since only a handful of us 'old web radio users' (or is that die hard fanatics) appear to have been using Web Radio for NextPVR.....

I'm on the wrong thread here but according to sub the take up on NextPVR has been very good and exactly as predicted. Alot of work has been done on plugins/skins etc. But this is quite an insular business doing this stuff.

The wiki on the other hand was always supposed to be a joint and full community effort and McBainUK has been working very hard to make it as it should be, without much input from me recently (as you know, a few probs!)

Now please don't mis-understand me, when I say joint effort, I don't mean Martin, Jaggy who do so much anyway, somehow we thought some 'new wiki blood' would come along to help out. There have been a few false starts but ultimately no takers :-( and I had no idea how much hard work a new baby was. I always imagined I would get my 1 hour a night to do my wiki stuff etc! How wrong I was :eek:

Sorry guys for hijacking the thread and talking wiki, but Jaggy did talk wiki on the WR thread Wink

cheers

steeb
mvallevand Wrote:The wiki is supposed to explain the install, I'll check.

The Ubu service is still only on the old wiki I guess. http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/WebRadio run it's setup to install it.

For some extra streaming services like Live365, download the Add Ons and run that installer.

Martin.
Martin,

is that the v of Ubu to d'load, if so I have 5 mins and will upload to NextPVr wiki to save having to go back to GB-PVR one....

steeb
Yes that's still the one.

Martin
I literally had only 5 mins so now Ubu Recording service as per v on GB-PVR wiki should now be on NextPVR wiki.

There is still much work to be done!

cheers Martin, for just extender support and great plugins. And Jaggy for bringing to my attention.

I think the WR page does need some work but honestly nothing I can commit to at the moment. I am covered in a layer of builder's dust. Already it has killed 2 of my PC's... arrggghhh :mad:

cheers all

steeb
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5