NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Best way to transfer NPVR configuration to fresh Windows reinstall?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm preparing to do a fresh windows (re-)install, and I'm wondering what is the best way to transfer the configuration/channel mappings/recordings database to my fresh NPVR install. I'm currently running NPVR 2.2.6, so the NPVR version won't change. I'm not changing any hardware either.

Here are the possibilities I've considered:
- Install NPVR on the new system, then copy and paste the entire data directory from C:\Users\Public\NPVR from my old install.
- Install NPVR on the new system, and copy over only certain files from my old data directory (npvr.db3, config.xml, others I wouldn't think of...)
- Something else?

Thanks for your advice!
wallacetheweasel Wrote:- Install NPVR on the new system, and copy over only certain files from my old data directory (npvr.db3, config.xml, others I wouldn't think of...)
That's what I'd probably do. I'd only copy those two files.
Thanks sub!
It is always a good idea to do an "Export" then copy the recording-backup.xml and recurring-backup.xml files as extra security. If there is a problem with the database it is a simple matter to regenerate the channels and with the backup files you can recreate the list of "Recordings" and "Reccuring Recordings" to regenerate the database.