NextPVR Forums

Full Version: SubMenu: Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is the (new) support thread for SubMenu, an NPVR plugin that can act as a replacement main menu, duplicating the functionality of the built-in (horizontal only for now) menu and adding support for sub menus.

If posting bug reports, please ensure to include the log files from either C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Logs or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\Logs.

Iain
I've uploaded a new version to the wiki, with the following small change:

- The plugin now shows a popup message when running a custom task

Iain
I am wondering if the "submenu" type of interface may be included within Sub's next release or what compatibility issues there may be. I hate to waste my precious time upgrading the current interface if not needed. Any clues as to the next release and what others work may be built in?

Greg
I'm not quite sure what you mean? SubMenu exists because sub wasn't interested in including sub-menu functionality But that's why the plugin architecture exists, so others can then build upon or expand its feature set. Those that aren't interested in sub-menu support can stick with the built-in menu; those that are can use SubMenu.

And it's fully compatible with the next release.

Iain
I installed SubMenu yesterday with the current version of nPVR, enabled it in the GUI (didn't make any changes to the config) and it wouldn't work, just gave an infinite number of .net errors when I restarted npvr. Should it work with this npvr version?? I didn't have time to trouble shoot or capture the errors, but will do if it should work.
Using the default skin? Submenu _may_ work with other skins/themes, but you'll have add submenu's dir to that skin, and make some edits to it to preserve the previous look.

I made a post about adapting it a couple of months ago (the replies afterwards are relevant)
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post423639
Yeah, there's a few caveats to my "fully compatible" statement Big Grin

It was designed with the default skin and for horizontal menus only. I only use the default skin myself and I'm not sure if any of the other skins support it yet. It certainly hasn't got the code in it that my other plugins do that allows it to fall back on the default skin if it can't find the required files in the active skin. It's complicated enough getting it to override the built-in menu.

Iain
I use the default skin in horizontal mode... I'll have another go and get the errors/logs.
I have found that I needed to manually edit the config.xml file in order for submenu to do it's thing. Any plug in additions afterwards, also had to be manually entered in order to be recognized. I do not think that the plugin is correctly reading the config.xml file, or then adding it's lines to the file... ?? Thoughts ??
Grampz Wrote:I have found that I needed to manually edit the config.xml file in order for submenu to do it's thing. Any plug in additions afterwards, also had to be manually entered in order to be recognized. I do not think that the plugin is correctly reading the config.xml file, or then adding it's lines to the file... ?? Thoughts ??

That's just the way if works I'm afraid. It'll clone the original menu the first time it's run, but after that you're on your own. I'd love to be able to give it a proper GUI config tool for doing it, but I don't have the time nor the knowledge of how to go about it.

Iain
Pages: 1 2 3 4