NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Settings not sticking, This was never resolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried to setup N-PVR for the last week on Win XP sp3 and Win7-64, both fully updated and it's the same on both. The settings for the device (HDPVR) won't stick, audio always reverts to SPDIF instead of staying on RCA Back, so no sound on Live TV or Recordings. I know there was a thread a while back on this exact same problem but was not resolved.

Any new fix for this problem??

Another problem while I'm here, the tv guide mixes up all the channels when importing form TVGuide.xml from I-xmltv because it numbers the channels 1 through 63 instead of using the real numbers from the xml file. So if I want to record channel 754 it sends 029 to the blaster because the 754 NatGeo is in the name column of N-PVR and 29 is in the number column. How do I change this?

My system is M3A78-EM m/b, AMD Phenom II 965 X4@3.2ghz, 8gb Gskill ripjawsX, ATI HD-4670, 2 WD black 1 tb hdd for recordings and 1 500g seagate for OS and media files, 1 hrv2250 mce kit (only for ATSC input) and 1 HDPVR component hookup to SA-4250hd stb. LG led 42" lcd tv as monitor.
N-PVR with all the patches applied.

Paf
Hello, here's the thread, see my first post. I had thought the problem was patched.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...ight=HDPVR

Is your data source Schedules Direct? I think I-xmltv was used for Schedules Direct and GB-PVR. NPVR has native support for it, so you shouldn't need I-xmltv. If you do, what's your data source for your guide?
paf077 Wrote:Another problem while I'm here, the tv guide mixes up all the channels when importing form TVGuide.xml from I-xmltv because it numbers the channels 1 through 63 instead of using the real numbers from the xml file. So if I want to record channel 754 it sends 029 to the blaster because the 754 NatGeo is in the name column of N-PVR and 29 is in the number column. How do I change this?

Editing the source column for many recording types in NextPVR is a challenge. You probably just need to re-add them manually and then choose if you want to edit the display channel to be 1-63 or leave them as is. Using SD like smajor wrote or even a different provider for XMLTV for digital TV might give you the higher channels.

Martin
Yes I use I-xmltv because I have 2 different line ups with Schedules Direct.
I'll try setting it to false in config xml and see if it works then.

I never saw the where the support for it is in the settings. I think I'll have a go at re-installing N-PVR after clearing out everything and find the native SD support.

NB. I don't have TME installed at all I used the 1.6.29353 to get the HDPVR to blast the stb. I never got the 2250 remote and blaster to work. I installed WinTV7 2.4d to get the latest drivers for the 2250 and after that I installed the HDPVR drivers so N-PVR uses it to blast.

Paf
Quote:Editing the source column for many recording types in NextPVR is a challenge. You probably just need to re-add them manually and then choose if you want to edit the display channel to be 1-63 or leave them as is. Using SD like smajor wrote or even a different provider for XMLTV for digital TV might give you the higher channels.

I tried to edit the 600 and 700 channels but they revert back to the same numbers after closing the config.

Paf
Well the SPDIF setting is already set to false in the config.xml.
I cleared everything related to NPVR in /users/pulic/ after uninstalling N-PVR. restarted and re-installed. still the same problem with spdif staying ticked, and maybe I'm to old or blind but I can't find out how to get the SD line-ups in the settings.

Paf