NextPVR Forums

Full Version: More than one server - one NPVR and one GBPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got my dead GBPVR server running again with a new fan for the power supply. Cleaned all the dust bunnies out of the case and replaced the thermal compound on the CPU heat sink while I was at it, it's running very quiet now!

So my situation now is that I have one GBPVR server and one NPVR server for my NMTs. It seems they don't like seeing both servers as-is. I currently have MVPMC installed on both. I tried adding two shares to the NMTs, but that always brings up the GBPVR interface (regardless of which share is selected from the menu) and won't play any video at all. If I unplug the Ethernet to one of the servers, the other works.

I was looking at the tips and tricks section for the NMT under "more than one server." My question is, will this work with one GBPVR server and one NPVR server?

Thanks,
-Brad
Yes it will, that's exactly what I am using & I'm still using the auto load indexes as well.

Don't ask me "right now" how I did it as my brain is totally fried today & thinking even bent is a struggle right now let alone trying to think straight. But I do remember I did need to use Martins ShareHelper program to be able to play things off the other server
I understand, especially given that your name is the credit under the"What I did & how I did it:" section of the wiki!

I'll give it a whirl. Guess I try adding the change on the NPVR server first and go from there.
You don't really need to have to instances of the mvpmc folders on the two servers, you can have two different startmeup files called from different cgi files. Doing it that way you won't have to go back and fourth between the two Source drives.

Martin
Yes, Martin built much flexibility into mvpmcx2. My html startup file lets me attach to one of three different "servers", select HDMI or Component to the TV and wake the servers up. Not forgetting the extremely useful ability to use a Hauppauge remote.