NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Fresh install, use old TV Listing.db, xmltv configuration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had problems with 2.2.6 npvr and my hardware configuration. Hardware woes upgraded, fresh install of win7-64, latest npvr setup working. The npvr. db file converted well, but I was unable to use the old config.xml file, the plugins and scripts folder. First plug in I wish to install is TV Listings. Would think that I can install the plug in, use my 2 day old db file, use the old updateepg.bat file, intergrate TheTVDB and xmltvextras that was set up before. It honestly took me weeks to get this all to work well, and I do not want to refigure it all out again. Ideas?

Greg
I don't get the bit about not being able to use the scripts folder. What have you got in there?

Also which plugins did you have installed on your old setup?
I had most of the plugins that were available setup. The scripts folder contained .bat files that related to plugins that I could not get to go within the new configuration.. Taking one step at a time. I wish to get TV Listings back up and running utilizing xmltvextras and thetvdb, which were called from npvr, and the updateepg.bat file.... just asking preliminary questions before I set it back up. May be easier to re figure it all all out again and start from scratch!
Grampz Wrote:I had most of the plugins that were available setup. The scripts folder contained .bat files that related to plugins that I could not get to go within the new configuration..
OK, starting with the scripts folder - .bat files are dumb animals which basically just sit around until they're started up. Assuming your new hard-drive folder structure is the same as the previous one then they can be kept and dropped back in place once you get the plugins in place.

As for TV Listing, I haven't used it personally but the wiki states
Quote:The .zip package contains all files necessary to run the plugin in the necessary subfolders, simply put them into your NPVR data directory. Skin files are included for the default skin. If you're using another Skin, please make sure to download the skin files for your skin in the correct version.
Is it not possible to just drag'n'drop the previous version into your current plugins folder?
Getting late, and would think that your mentioned approach would work... Thanks for your input and will work on it later!
Thanx bgowland for your input.

I had to reinstall the plug in and then copy over pertinent files. A straight copy of all files gave errors. It is now working well, and to others following this thread, my htpc is running great!!

Greg
Grampz Wrote:Thanx bgowland for your input.
Happy to help even if it was mostly a case of just trying to keep your momentum going. Smile

Good to hear you've managed to get things sorted.

Cheers,
Brian