NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like the new channel groups option, but am wondering if I am missing something - how can this be used? So far all I've found after setting up a group is that when I bring up the channel list with the context menu, I can display the contents of the group.

I would like to be able to look at the TV Guide listing for a channel group, but if this is possible, I haven't figured out how. Is this possible?

Thanks.
Alt+G when in the guide.
It is also an option from the hidden menu "Home" key (Info on the remote)
... and Green on the remote.

Martin
imilne Wrote:Alt+G when in the guide.

Great! Thanks, guys.

Is there any way to select a group besides "All Channels" as the default?
One side effect of the auto-generated groups (and this doesn't bother me so I'm not asking for it to be fixed, just pointing it out), is that if you merge channels from two different sources, then the channel will disappear from one of the groups. For example, if you had a BBC1 from DVB-T and another from DVB-S (and the correspondingly named groups), then after a merge BBC1 would only exist in All Channels and *either* DVB-T or DVB-S. Which one depends on which source you selected as the 'master' when merging.

Iain
yes, I suppose if 2 channels, each in their own group, are then merged, it makes most sense for the resulting single channel to remain in both groups.
imilne Wrote:One side effect of the auto-generated groups (and this doesn't bother me so I'm not asking for it to be fixed, just pointing it out), is that if you merge channels from two different sources, then the channel will disappear from one of the groups. For example, if you had a BBC1 from DVB-T and another from DVB-S (and the correspondingly named groups), then after a merge BBC1 would only exist in All Channels and *either* DVB-T or DVB-S. Which one depends on which source you selected as the 'master' when merging.

Iain
That's part of the reason I asked Sub to auto generate a group with "Merged channels", but no joy...