NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2.3.6: All HDHR recordings suddenly failing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated to 2.3.6 with no other changes and suddenly all my HDHR recordings are failing. The log says "No BDA capture filter for this device"?? Is there some additional setup I have to do for the HDHR for this new version (it was working fine with NPVR before)?
The "No BDA capture filter for this device" is common because the HDHomeRun only uses a tuner filter, not a tuner and capture like most devices. If you are running a firewall, make sure to add and exception for NDigitalHost.exe in addition to NRecord.exe and NextPVR.exe
It is probably needing a firewall exception for NDigitalHost.exe. I've added a brief note in the release announcement to let HDHomeRun users know.
That seems to have been it. Thanks.
Not just HDHomerun users my firewall was blocking NDigitalHost under my always on top NPVR on first run
Lao Pan Wrote:Not just HDHomerun users my firewall was blocking NDigitalHost under my always on top NPVR on first run
I'll keep an eye out for other posts, but I'm sure very few people are going to have problems with the firewall blocking local communication within the machine. The HDHomerun is different, given it requires communication across the network, and will need a firewall exclusion for almost all users.
It was actually Comodo Defence+ that blocked the new process (along with several others that had changed)