NextPVR Forums

Full Version: hello new user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello i have installed next pvr ts great

only things are

1) tv guide not showing on all channels now and next information not displayed on most channels ? Do i have to install something? Also on the tv guide its shows no show detail?

2) channels from freesat have installed wrongly for example on channels ch1 ch2 ch3 ch4 ch 5 ch6 on the next pvr they are all channel four not the usual bbc 1 bbc 2 itv ch4 five itv1 why has this occured

3) How do i install plugins for example the tv listings plugin and can you suggest the best plugins

Many thanks in advance its a great software please help a new user
1) did you run an epg update in Settings->Channels? also did you make sure the EPG source is set correctly for each channel?

2) you can number the channels however you like. Settings->Channels again.

3) each plugin has it's own installation instructions; some have an installer, others you just unzip the file into the NPVR [DATA] directory. there is a more automated plugin installation function in the works for a future version, but it's not available yet.

as to the 'best' plugins, well, that's up to you. Have you consulted the wiki? most plugin authors have their plugins and install instructions there.

there is also information that may help you in the 2nd post of the tech support sticky thread linked in my signature.
Unfortunately Freesat doesnt provide the standard DVB EPG (Freesat's is encrypted), so you'd need to look at xmltv for getting your listings.
thanks for the replys guys

i dont know how to make sure the path is right epg can you tell me how

sub can you tell me please where to get the tv xml file a direct download link please ad i understand you go into tv guide and point it to the xml right
As McBainUK suggests, an alternative XML EPG source is a recommended change for UK Freesat users. Freeview, DVB-T gives a full EPG (except for the HD channels), but Freesat only supplies an encrypted EPG for the 'Freesat consortium', what you will be seeing is the "now and next" that is supplied with many channels, but as you have found, not all.
There are two yas to get a decent EPG.
(1) Using Alan Birtles XMLTVGUI to grab Radio Time data to generate an XML file. This needs minimal configuration (picking which channels you want).
(2) DVBGuide (ah, I note absent from the wiki) This grabs Freesat data (freeview as well if the hardware is available) and decrypts it to provide an XML file. I have tried it and it works, but have not used it in anger as (1) works fine for me. http://dvbguide.com/

Both the above can be be run manually, from Windows scheduler or from the epgupdate batch file. You then would have to tweak the channels tab of npvr setup to say the EPG source is now XML and point to the file. There is some magic in there and channel names that are like the PEG name with be auto-suggested.
martint123 Wrote:There is some magic in there and channel names that are like the PEG name with be auto-suggested.
I almost understood part of that sentence. Big Grin Wink
martint123 Wrote:DVBGuide (ah, I note absent from the wiki)
You sure? Wink

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...EPGOTA2XML
bgowland Wrote:I almost understood part of that sentence. Big Grin Wink

I blame interference to my wireless keyboard

There is some magic in there and channel names that are like the EPG name will be auto-suggested. (saving much typing).

McBainUK Wrote:You sure?

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...EPGOTA2XML

It wasn't conspicuous (to me :confused: ) on the page you pointed to earlier on "EPG choices".

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm "Page last modified on January 21, 2012, at 08:24 AM"
No, it's been there a while. Steeb or someone was asking about it recently, wondering why anyone would want to use an over-the-air -> xmltv solution.

Iain
Pages: 1 2