NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trepidations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like many of us the promise of a new release was exciting, although in my case v2.2.6 R1 was humming along quite nicely.
Initially when I saw the many snag reports that resulted from upgrading to the current version I became quite insecure.
But I figured, "What the hey, balls to the wall, Lets do this thing!"
So after stopping all NPVR things I put the upgrade through.
Everything is going as it should and I ran a few test recordings, no problems.
At 12:30pm I intitiated a transfer of funds to my PayPal acct. and come the 30th of this month I will be able to contribute to this awesome project (or at the very least it's fridge).

Thanks Sub
OTAjunkie Wrote:Like many of us the promise of a new release was exciting, although in my case v2.2.6 R1 was humming along quite nicely.
Initially when I saw the many snag reports that resulted from upgrading to the current version I became quite insecure.

Huh?? Actually I thought it had been going fairly smoothly for such a big release with not may reports of problems & sub (with help from the beta testers) had done a pretty amazing job.

Quote:But I figured, "What the hey, balls to the wall, Lets do this thing!"
So after stopping all NPVR things I put the upgrade through.
Everything is going as it should and I ran a few test recordings, no problems.
At 12:30pm I intitiated a transfer of funds to my PayPal acct. and come the 30th of this month I will be able to contribute to this awesome project (or at the very least it's fridge).

Thanks Sub

Glad you tried it, I think (at this stage) it is one of the best releases yet & yeah "I MUST" (finally) contribute some cash to the kitty.
Yep, i do agree. This release is a good one. Don't be afraid because of my thread; my scenario is a little "exotic" (no swapfile, long runtime etc. pp). Not many people are watching "the simpsons" the whole night. XD

There are many new functions available, which are really promising and fine too. I would never exchange npvr with another software!

@sub
With all my "bugreports" don't forget one thing: all the things and features never mentioned in any supportthread are just fine and very good. ;D
So thank you for the great piece of software!