NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Another DVD ISO problem in NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Below is a copy/paste of my npvr.cgi with the dvd ISO mount code added. The npvr.cgi file below will not let me load mvpmv from the PCH menus ("Request cannot be processed" error message). When I delete the 2 dvd mount lines of code from the NPVR.cgi file I have no problems loading mvpmc with my PCH. Do I have the syntax wrong? I'm trying to mount I:\PVR\Videos\dvd where my ISO's are located. Thank you.

#!/bin/sh

echo "Content-Length: 29";
echo "Content-type: text/html";
echo "";

cd ~
if [ -f /etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 ]
then
echo "mvmcx2 is loaded";
else
mkdir /etc/mvpmc
mkdir /mnt/I:\\PVR\\Videos\\dvd
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.100/dvd /mnt/I:\\PVR\\Videos\\dvd -o username=xxx,password=xxxx,ro
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.100/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc -o username=root,rw
cp /etc/mvpmc/utelnetd /usr/bin
ln -s /lib/librmjpeg.so /lib/libjpeg.so.62
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.1
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.123
utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 &
echo "Telnetd started on port 23............";
fi
killall gaya
sh -c /etc/mvpmc/startmeup 2>/dev/null >/dev/null &
exit 0;
That error is because you have some sort of syntax error or permission error

I suggest using telnet to debug the syntax of these two lines

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.100/dvd /mnt/I:\\PVR\\Videos\\dvd -o username=xxx,password=xxxx,ro

assuming of course xxx and xxxx are examples. If it is a guest share username=guest alone will work. In this example I assume I: is a local drive otherwise it doesn't look likely.

Martin
I upgraded to NPVR this weekend and was previously using this syntax in my gbpvr.cgi file with no issues....

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.100/dvd /mnt/I:\\PVR\\Videos\\dvd -o username=root,ro

When I put these two line in my npvr.cgi file I get the problem I described before. Since these lines were working with GBPVR I wouldn't think its a syntax error, but could GBPVR being causing a permission error?
Okay that might explain things. Sub never added true ISO playback to NextPVR like he did to GB-PVR. You have to fake it by hitting play on the folder which acts like Play All, which still works.

Martin
I'm not even getting to NPVR menus from the PCH when I add the two lines of code (base npvr.cgi is no problem). When I try to load the npvr.cgi with the 2 lines for the mount I get a 'Request cannot be processed' error on the PCH.

Also, I can telnet when I have the base npvr.cgi file, but the when I add the two lines of code to add the mount I can't telnet. Thanks for your help.
Did you forget to use a Linux editor to edit the cgi file? If not telnet using the base and try entering the two commands I suspect this will show your error.

Alternatively just copy your working gbpvr.cgi to npvr.cgi Nothing changed in them but there name.

Martin
Using the old gbpvr.cgi file let me load NPVR on the PCH. However, when I attempt to play an ISO doesn't load. The mount is showing up correctly when I telnet. Is there anything that stands out in the log files? Thanks.
Nothing really. From telnet does this give you your file?

ls /mnt/I:\\PVR\\Videos\\dvd/The\ Shawshank\ Redemption/THE_SHAWSHANK_REDEMPTION.iso

Martin
Telnet outputs: "/mnt/I:\PVR\Videos\dvd/The Shawshank Redemption/THE_SHAWSHANK_REDEMPTION.iso"

I've confirmed the ISO file is OK and will play on my computer.
You are going to have to use fancier use of telnet. Install putty as your telnet client and then load NextPVR from mvpmcx2 but return to the NMT menu.

From telnet issue

/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2

Then enable the capture all output in putty and send me the putty.log and MVP.log

You will have to power off your NMT to clear this state.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3