NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NO LiveTV on Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Guys,
it is my first post here so be with me :-)

I'm trying to setup Client/Server environment with NextPVR 2.3.6 and having a problem.
On server side I have Hauppauge Colossus connected to Sat. receiver by composite cable. and it works OK.
Yes, it is not fast, is takes 2-3 min for tuning to channel but Video/audio and recording works.
From the client computer and local 1Gb network I can not watch LiveTV and watching recordings is very-very slow.
After tuning to live channel NextPVR will show black screen, after video will blink for a sec. and that is end of the show.
I can play video from recordings but before it will start playing I can make a coffee :-)

I know what you can say codecs, yes, they are identical, exact the same on both computers.
Hint: I can watch Livetv and change channels using VLC player, but it does not have guide so not very useful.
Disabling firewall and antivirus does not help too. Does anyone have any idea what I can solve this?
I'm an IT guy, so please be direct :-)

Thanks
ps/ also I noticed that kaspersky PURE 2012 does not like NextPVR saying that activity similar to PDM Keylogger.
Log files and Kaspersky message attached.
I am a Kaspersky user and added a rule to avoid that warning. It's not new behavior, PVRx2 from the obsolete GBPVR also needed the rule. I trust sub enough to not worry about it or submit it to Kaspersky to make a false positive exception.

I suspect the main problem is firewall related.

Martin
Thanks Martin,
with completely disabled firewalls and antivirus situation exact the same, so it is something else.
I tried everything I could think about even cloned server PC to client to check if I'm missing something.
To make story short VLC always works NextPVR Client never but server does.
It's probably my monitoring of the keyboard queue for MCE remote control events that causes that false positive.
hey sub,
remote works fine with PowerPoint for example and does not complain....
I know you have to track keys up down and remote messages but for regular user this kind of message could be deal stopper.
Personally I think NextPVR looks better and simple comparing with Mediaportal and etc. but needs some small improvement, specially in performance side and stability, it is my 2 cents. Thanks your work :-)

BTW: do you know why client getting 140003 and stop after?

2012-01-22 13:45:09.764 [DEBUG][1] GetEventCode() returned: 0x8102
2012-01-22 13:45:09.764 [DEBUG][1] GetEventCode() returned: 0x8104
2012-01-22 13:45:09.768 [DEBUG][1] Client about to request renewal of handle: 140003
2012-01-22 13:45:09.789 [DEBUG][1] Stopping graph@0.1
2012-01-22 13:45:09.905 [DEBUG][1] Stopping graph@1
2012-01-22 13:45:09.970 [DEBUG][1] Stopping graph@2
2012-01-22 13:45:09.970 [DEBUG][1] Stopping graph@2.1
It looks your client takes a huge amount of time to request data from the server's streaming interface, and in the meantime the server lease on the tuner has expired so it's stopped the device. It might be firewall related, or maybe name resolution. Maybe try using an ip address instead of a machine name. This response time isnt normal for client PC.

Quote:remote works fine with PowerPoint for example and does not complain....
Most keys dont need any special handling, but complete access to the remote events needs some more low level stuff. Maybe PowerPoint is just using basic keys like left/right/up/down/enter/etc? I dont think it's a big deal though - you're maybe the second person to mention this in the 8 year history of GBPVR/NextPVR.
I get the same KAV warning with MPC-HD read more here http://www.codecguide.com/faq_mpc.htm it's very common warning with apps the intercept the keyboard and remote.

Martin
Thanks sub,

FYI: I'm using direct ip address in local 192.168. network and with firewall and antivirus off getting exact the same delay on client. VLC works fine.
Local network is wired 1Gb with hub in basement. Coping file to and from very-very fast.
What do you think I can do? Sorry if to many questions. Really want to find out :-)
Does it make any difference if you set the client's audio renderer setting back to 'default'?

If not, I've got some client-side network logging you can turn on.
To enable that network logging, create a c:\temp directory on the client, and set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NPVR\LogClientStream=1 (DWORD), then reproduce the problem and zip and attach the c:\temp\stream.log that gets created.
Pages: 1 2 3