NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unhandled exception when trying to tune.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on a Pentium 4 system and and fully updated it to SP3. I then installed NPVR as the only appliction and a SkyStar2 + BDA driver and all appeared OK initially - apart from a disecq issue, but it did tune ok and produce video and audio. However after a reboot, it now won't tune, crashing straight away with:
Unexpected error in scanning form:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - please see attached log file.

Also, if I try to view live TV from the menu, it immediately crashes with a popup window saying " Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application........Index was out of range...."

I've reinstalled NPVR and C++ runtimes several times now, but no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
Quote:2012-01-24 10:16:45.906 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MPEG-2 Demultiplexer
It's unable to find the Microsoft Demultiplexer on your machine. It needs this to function. This is normally present on all Windows machines, but we have seen a couple of apps in the past that deregister this component when they're uninstalled.
Thanks for the reply, Sub - how do I re-register the MS Demultiplexer?
I think you can just run: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax
OK - thanks - I just found it, and it now scans for channels.