NextPVR Forums

Full Version: BUG: Recurring Recordings Update (NPVR 2.3.6)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think I found a bug. If you go to your list of recurring recordings and select one on the list and click UPDATE then click OK then REOPEN it, the record quality resets to DEFAULT. I always set mine to BEST but they keep reverting to DEFAULT.
BTJustice Wrote:I think I found a bug. If you go to your list of recurring recordings and select one on the list and click UPDATE then click OK then REOPEN it, the record quality resets to DEFAULT. I always set mine to BEST but they keep reverting to DEFAULT.
Is it an analog recording? If not it doesn't matter what the quality is set to...
Yes it is an analog device. Analog ignores quality setting??? Weird.
BTJustice Wrote:Yes it is an analog device. Analog ignores quality setting??? Weird.
Then you'r most likely correct that it is a bug Smile
I can confirm this behaviour. Uninteresting with what quality setting you've added a reoccuring recording - it will select "quality_default" on the updatescreen.
BTJustice Wrote:Yes it is an analog device. Analog ignores quality setting??? Weird.
A workaround would be to edit Config.xml and set the bitrate for default to High Quality's value.
Not a bug. As stated by ShiningDragon, it makes no difference which recording quality you choose, since npvr only uses one bitrate setting: the one from config.xml. Edit that setting if you need better quality recordings.
Code:
<Analog>
    <Bitrate>3000000</Bitrate>
    <BitratePeak>5000000</BitratePeak>
    <BitrateMode>VBR</BitrateMode>
  </Analog>

Code:
<Mode720p>
      <Bitrate>9000000</Bitrate>
      <BitratePeak>13500000</BitratePeak>
      <BitrateMode>VBR</BitrateMode>
    </Mode720p>

It looks like it is not that far off.

Regardless, it seems that it should be grayed out for analog devices or something if it makes no difference if you set an analog recording quality to DEFAULT, GOOD, BETTER, or BEST.
I think analog quality was a feature that was only ever partially implemented. I'll finish it in a future release.

It's not relevant to digital users.
I guess the three Hauppauge HD-PVR devices are the only way to hook up a STB digitally? I would think most USA users are in my boat using a STB with DirecTV or Dish Network.
Pages: 1 2