NextPVR Forums

Full Version: “Recording service restarted during recording”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed the error message this morning by chance as the recording was not marked as “failed” or having a problem. The programme ran from 08:00 to 09:05 so the recording starts as expected at 07:57 but stops before 08:00 and only generates an 18MB file. There are no “errors” in the Window logs at this time but the “NPVR Recording Service” starts at 08:01 and the starts recording a new file as normal.

I cannot see anything helpful in the log files but the last entry in ndigitalhost.log.1 at 07:58 is:-
DigitalRecorder.StopHost()

Enclosed are the logs all of which seem to have restarted just before 08:00
Ehm, perhaps you should temporary disable the system plugin ^^

Code:
2012-01-24 08:01:27.124    [ERROR][3]    Unexpected error check for new versions: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.gbpvr.com'
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at NextPVR.Utility.VersionChecker.WebUpdaterThread()

I am not sure if this could be the cause for the stopped recordingservice, but this one isn't running well.
ShiningDragon Wrote:Ehm, perhaps you should temporary disable the system plugin ^^

Code:
2012-01-24 08:01:27.124    [ERROR][3]    Unexpected error check for new versions: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.gbpvr.com'
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at NextPVR.Utility.VersionChecker.WebUpdaterThread()

I am not sure if this could be the cause for the stopped recordingservice, but this one isn't running well.
That seems to be NPVR's own version check,
not the system plugin. Probably because NextPVR started before the network was fully initialized/connected.
In those logs, it definitely looks like the recording service was restarted at 8am, so it sounds like the warning message is correct.
ShiningDragon Wrote:Ehm, perhaps you should temporary disable the system plugin ^^

Not guilty, m'lord. The System plugin is part of a namespace called "NSystem", because "System" is already reserved for use by .NET itself.

Iain
Sorry imilne, i didn't wanted to hurt you. I read the logfile not careful enough. I saw, that he uses the system-plugin, i remembered that you're working on an updatecheck and then saw this one.
In this case reddwarfs delacration sounds logical.

But this does not help with jcjefferies problem ... oh well, sorry again imilne!
You can ignore the xml error. It's not a factor here. It's just saying it failed to check the current version of the application. It's not critical.
As the log says, it doesn't find "www.gbpvr.com", so most likely the network is not fully up and running, one solution could be to delay the start of npvr.
The same thing happened again last night and this time I found the solution!!! For several months I have been rebooting the server at 02:30, if NRecord is not running. If it is running it tries again every minute until it is safe to reboot. Checking the old logs this seems to have working well until recently. What has happened on the last few mornings is that the first time the server wakes after 02:30 the reboot command is run. At the moment I dont know what has changed but have disabled the reboot for now.

Sorry this post turned out to be nothing to do with NextPVR!!