NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can you switch between audio streams in NPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Is there a way to switch between audio streams in a recording or video? Ctrl-G works fantastic within the DVD function, but I can't figure out how to do this in other videos. I have a number of .mkv videos with English and German audio tracks.

I usually only need the first (english) track, but when the kids' German friends come over I like to be able to switch to the German. Ctrl-G worked great for this in GBPVR but doesn't seem to here. Any ideas?

Thanks!
You can only do it on file formats where NextPVR is actively involved in the playback, like .ts files, or DVDs. For file like .mkv or .avi etc, it leaves it up to Windows to pick the right decoders, and has no control over the audio in these (since nearly every file format would require a different mechanism).
NextPVR always freezes when I switch audio stream, normally I won't have to do that since I have the PreferAC3 settings set, but when I watch a movie at night using headphones I don't want loud sounds in the rear and center speakers Sad. Looking at the logs gives no indication why it freezes. Any ideas Sub?
Reddwarf Wrote:NextPVR always freezes when I switch audio stream, normally I won't have to do that since I have the PreferAC3 settings set, but when I watch a movie at night using headphones I don't want loud sounds in the rear and center speakers Sad. Looking at the logs gives no indication why it freezes. Any ideas Sub?
I dont know - it doesnt do that here. Have you checked if different decoders makes any difference?
try the audio switching in ffdshow audio decoder...it can give you a way to change them on avi mpg etc also..Smile
sub Wrote:I dont know - it doesnt do that here. Have you checked if different decoders makes any difference?
I'm using LAV now for audio decoders, but used other decoders earlier and had the same problem. I'll do some tests and report back.

@pBS, yes I have tried ffdshow, and no, I'll never touch it again.