NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot stream using http:/ipaddress:8866/live?channel=###
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Having a problem that i cannot fugire out. I think I have ports forwarded I am running Windows 7.
I have 8866 forwarded and 7647 7648.
Attached is the web log. I keep getting Not allowing internet based streaming request from: 99.56.133.150 error

Thanks in advance
Sorry the attachment did not go through here it is
That is valid.......sub does not let external viewing of the Live feed at this time.
Thank you. I miss understood that.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:That is valid.......sub does not let external viewing of the Live feed at this time.
I have the same problem too, is there some particular reason why this is not allowed?
Moved this to the NPVR support thread since it is really related to the core web server which sub maintains.
by the way, what is required in order to stream that way? if I type that URL in to my browser it just asks whether I want to Open or Save "live"... either way all it seems to do is write the stream to disk continuously, it doesn't know what to do with it.
Any application that streams video via http will work. The browser uses Content-Type video/MP2T to direct it to the app which you might not have configured.

This is a very good rule, opening up the web service to raw public IP's is very dangerous and you can prevent this with some advanced home networking NAT'ing. The server is not secure enough to protect your home PC or network. By placing NextPVR streams on the public internet you could also easily be in violation of the NextPVR license that is for personal use only.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:This is a very good rule, opening up the web service to raw public IP's is very dangerous and you can prevent this with some advanced home networking NAT'ing. The server is not secure enough to protect your home PC or network. By placing NextPVR streams on the public internet you could also easily be in violation of the NextPVR license that is for personal use only.

Martin
I can't see what is dangerous with this at all, the npvr server is a one-way server and from what I can see there is no way of sneaking anything in via npvr. And for the license part, no one can hold Sub responsible for what a user does with the application, there is several ways to violate the license already. If you should create an application for personal use that is impossible to exploit commercially, it would be so limited that it would be of no use to anyone.
It's not about licensing. Its about security. Whenever you expose stuff to the internet there is risks, so I limited it to the local network only. Also, given we're talking full bitrate transport stream, and since pretty much no one has an internet connection that could these sorts of bitrate...

I'll add an option for the next release.
Pages: 1 2 3