NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Music Box exception error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This plug in has been working fine until today when it now throws an exception error. The only thing I have been messing with is remote issues.

Log attached.

Greg
I see this error in the log

Code:
2012-02-16 22:27:09.896    [DEBUG][1]    MusicBox4: Testing for Interfaces.Dll
2012-02-16 22:27:09.896    [ERROR][1]    MusicBox4: Testing of Interfaces DLL failed.
2012-02-16 22:27:09.896    [DEBUG][1]    MusicBox4Interface Test error: The type initializer for 'PsycikProductions.MusicLibrary.Interfaces.Track' threw an exception.

Your system doesn't seem to allow interfaces.dll to load, I'd start by rebooting and then maybe delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\Plugins\common\Interfaces.*" and run the MB4 setup again.

Martin
That did not work. Upon starting MB4 it lists the artists or album names, but shows no cover art. Exception occurs when making a artist/album selection. I turned the standard music plugin back on and it works fine.

Greg
Grampz Wrote:That did not work. Upon starting MB4 it lists the artists or album names, but shows no cover art. Exception occurs when making a artist/album selection. I turned the standard music plugin back on and it works fine.

Yes, the problem is not with Music playback or with the database, it is with the specific file Interfaces.dll that SSPlus and MB4 use. I don't know why it stopped loading.

Martin
The only system change made today was turning off windows media features as I am trying to configure my new remote. I turned the feature back on, restarted, and tried MB. This time npvr locked up, and the process had to killed.

Last lines from npvr.log after lock up
Code:
2012-02-17 00:31:22.539    [DEBUG][1]     - MusicBox4, Version=9.3.0.34872, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2012-02-17 00:31:22.539    [DEBUG][1]    Looking for missing assembly(1): C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\Plugins\MusicBox4\taglib-sharp.dll
2012-02-17 00:31:22.539    [DEBUG][1]    Looking for assembly in (2) C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\common\taglib-sharp.dll
2012-02-17 00:31:22.539    [DEBUG][1]    Looking for assembly in (3) C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\Plugins\common\taglib-sharp.dll

This file resides in data directory/web/bin

Greg
It should be in the Program Files, it is a file that sub distributes.

Martin
Try replacing the interfaces.dll/pdb with the files in the attached and then send the NPVR .log and Interfaces.logs I have added some debugging message that might help track this down.

Martin
Thanx Martin...

Your attachment has only the pdb file.. After starting MB, I left it stuck without killing npvr. the npvr log shows what played. I did not make this selection. No Interface log was generated.

Greg
Here's the new dll, I guess I shouldn't have used .zip for you, I'm more comfortable with 7z

Martin
Quote:Here's the new dll, I guess I shouldn't have used .zip for you, I'm more comfortable with 7z

Your post with attachment showed as a .zip file. Will try here in a few. I am tinkering with MCE now.. I have got to find some stability somewhere.. An example, Media Center set up my audio and plasma screen perfectly. speaker test hit 5.1, and hdmi plasma jumped right to 1080i. Have had many troubles with npvr and decoders.. Touching other topics here but wanted to let you know where I am at!

Greg
Pages: 1 2 3