NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ImageGrabLite and names that match multiple series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I'd start a different thread for this one.

I seem to have watch number of shows that the rename does not work on, apparently because there are multiple series with the same name. Castle, Being Human, and Once Upon a Time all seem to get errors, or pick up the wrong data (Being Human seems to fit this latter category, it gets the BBC show by the same name for some episodes).

Is there any way to specify, if you have shows you know this is the case for, which series is the correct one?

Thanks.
Castle and Once Upon a Time fail because the original series is not marked with the year, so imageGrabLite treats it a good match. I have some ideas to improve my regex matching to see there is something I can do about this, so these will be good to test with.

Being Human vs Being Human (UK) and Being Human (US) is more of a challenge. I haven't decided how to handle this. There is the same problem with The Office, and one of my current favourite shows, Shameless. It is especially tough when their series runs overlap.

nobody posted this work around to both problem http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post424829 although it is a bit labour intensive. Also both these with be fixed with the UI version since you will be able to select the master program name. There are still some very difficult logic issues if a user want to record both the US and UK version of a show.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Castle and Once Upon a Time fail because the original series is not marked with the year, so imageGrabLite treats it a good match. I have some ideas to improve my regex matching to see there is something I can do about this, so these will be good to test with.

Being Human vs Being Human (UK) and Being Human (US) is more of a challenge. I haven't decided how to handle this. There is the same problem with The Office, and one of my current favourite shows, Shameless. It is especially tough when their series runs overlap.

nobody posted this work around to both problem http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post424829 although it is a bit labour intensive. Also both these with be fixed with the UI version since you will be able to select the master program name. There are still some very difficult logic issues if a user want to record both the US and UK version of a show.

Martin

I might give that a try, thanks.

I had three recordings tonight that had problems, Castle, Smash, and Alcatraz. Castle we've already talked about, Smash appears to be the same thing (my assumption, anyway), and I don't know what happened with Alcatraz. I'm attaching your logs for all three, just in case.
ttfitz Wrote:I might give that a try, thanks.

I had three recordings tonight that had problems, Castle, Smash, and Alcatraz. Castle we've already talked about, Smash appears to be the same thing (my assumption, anyway), and I don't know what happened with Alcatraz. I'm attaching your logs for all three, just in case.

Castle and Smash failed for years reasons that I have fixed, but Castle would still fail for subtitle matching which I explained in the announcement thread, so I'd like your comments there.

For Alcatraz, I'd need to see your npvr.db3 and C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins/SearchLite/Series/Alcatraz.xml

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:For Alcatraz, I'd need to see your npvr.db3 and C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins/SearchLite/Series/Alcatraz.xml

Martin

There is no Alcatraz.xml file in that directory, the db3 file zipped was too big for attaching (7 mb), so I uploaded it to a filesharing site:

http://www.mediafire.com/?did15i269903ndg
ttfitz Wrote:There is no Alcatraz.xml file in that directory, the db3 file zipped was too big for attaching (7 mb), so I uploaded it to a filesharing site

Thanks again for the file. The fact that there is no Alcatraz file means something went wrong with the download, I will add some logging

How are you scheduling your recordings? There could be a bug somewhere since the UniqueID is not coming across properly to the event_details field.

Code:
<Event>
  <OID>18371725</OID>
  <Title>Lost Girl</Title>
  <SubTitle>Food for Thought</SubTitle>
  <Description>Lauren tends to a sick Aswang; Dyson&apos;s relationship with Kenzi becomes stronger.</Description>
  <ChannelOID>7663</ChannelOID>
  <StartTime>2012-02-23T07:00:00.0000000Z</StartTime>
  <EndTime>2012-02-23T08:01:00.0000000Z</EndTime>
  <FirstRun>true</FirstRun>
  <Season>1</Season>
  <Episode>6</Episode>
  <Rating>TV-MA</Rating>
</Event>

That "OID" definitely has a unique_id EP01304253.0006

Until this is fixed, you can't use the --zap2it command line option which might mean you won't benefit from some things I have designed for North American EPG data. For now the biggest issue is if you record a movie with the same name as a TV show, you will get the TV show art and media data.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Thanks again for the file. The fact that there is no Alcatraz file means something went wrong with the download, I will add some logging

How are you scheduling your recordings? There could be a bug somewhere since the UniqueID is not coming across properly to the event_details field.

I keep things pretty simple, almost everything is scheduled on a one time basis each day, either through the built-in TV Guide, or the TV Listings plugin. I have a couple reoccurring recordings, but this isn't one of them.

mvallevand Wrote:
Code:
<Event>
  <OID>18371725</OID>
  <Title>Lost Girl</Title>
  <SubTitle>Food for Thought</SubTitle>
  <Description>Lauren tends to a sick Aswang; Dyson&apos;s relationship with Kenzi becomes stronger.</Description>
  <ChannelOID>7663</ChannelOID>
  <StartTime>2012-02-23T07:00:00.0000000Z</StartTime>
  <EndTime>2012-02-23T08:01:00.0000000Z</EndTime>
  <FirstRun>true</FirstRun>
  <Season>1</Season>
  <Episode>6</Episode>
  <Rating>TV-MA</Rating>
</Event>

That "OID" definitely has a unique_id EP01304253.0006

Until this is fixed, you can't use the --zap2it command line option which might mean you won't benefit from some things I have designed for North American EPG data. For now the biggest issue is if you record a movie with the same name as a TV show, you will get the TV show art and media data.

Martin

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but I will point out that the code you posted there is for a recording that hasn't yet happened. I had a tuner lock up during the recording of the original recording run, and so have setup to record the upcoming repeat.

I'm not particularly concerned about recorded movies getting messed up data, as I rarely record movies at the moment.
I wasn't 100% sure what I was talking about either but after a bit of a discussion sub got me back on track. http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post431890 I expect everything you schedule with TVListing will only be renamed when the subtitle matches exactly since TVListings strips the extra information I could use to make it works.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I wasn't 100% sure what I was talking about either but after a bit of a discussion sub got me back on track. http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post431890 I expect everything you schedule with TVListing will only be renamed when the subtitle matches exactly since TVListings strips the extra information I could use to make it works.

Martin

Gotcha. I've only recently started using TV Listings, so I think for now I'll go back to the regular guide. Thanks.