NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR Client (WinXPe) Live TV Blank Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up an NPVR client (server and client are both latest version). I have installed all of the pre-reqs on the client and installed ffdshow and set that as the default decoder wherever it's an option. The client is running Windows XP (actually Windows Embedded Standard 09, but it's basically XP-lite. I work for a thin client company and find all sorts of uses for these gadgets!). No matter what I set as the default video decoder, though, I get a blank screen when playing anything from the server. I know the server works fine, as I use it daily and everything is fine. I also have another thin client NPVR client (running Windows 7 Embedded) with the same software installed and it works fine. The XP embedded device, though will not show the streamed video. I've tried every video decoder option.

I've attached a zip of the log directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Does setting your audio renderer back to 'system default' does it help? You've currently got it set to some Realtek device.

If that doesn't help, post the server's nrecord.log and I'll check if the request is arriving there. A common cause of these symptoms are firewall/antivirus software getting in the way.
Sub,

Thanks for the quick reply. Changing the audio renderer has no effect. I get a black screen, but perfect audio no matter what I do. I have the firewall turned off on both server and client, but I'm including the server and client logs. Also, if I play the .ts files on my server via a windows share with VLC it works fine, so I know the system is capable of rendering .ts files.

Thanks again.
Did you enable mpeg2 playback in ffdshow (I like libavcodec) and make sure that you have the appropriate whitelist/blacklist settings?

Martin
Sorry, I dont know. I cant see any obvious problem in the logs. I'd try Martin's suggestion from above.
mvallevand Wrote:Did you enable mpeg2 playback in ffdshow (I like libavcodec) and make sure that you have the appropriate whitelist/blacklist settings?

Martin

Hooray! We have a winner! Thank you very much, guys, this suggestion was the problem. Ffdshow wasn't set to render MPEG2 streams. It's working now.

It only works on the primary monitor though (quad monitor system). If I try to open it on a second monitor or drag it to another monitor it just shows a green screen but plays audio. It's weird, but that's ok, I don't mind moving my other apps to the other monitors and running NPVR on the primary monitor.

Thanks again, all! Smile
Hello,

I have the same problem, but the solution did not help. I allowed in ffdshow the same option you suggested. But in program decoder option there no choice for mpeg2 decoding.

Any suggestions?