NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Searchlite crash if no C:\temp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
Just thought I'd point out that Searchlite v1.4.5.2 crashes when attempting a search if there isn't a Temp folder in C root.
Did you notice what file was created? junk2.xml is usually the one I forget to comment out.

Martin
I've gotten a "jane.xml" in there before.

It bears mentioning though that everyone really ought to have a c:\temp - NPVR will put a crash.mdmp in there if it crashes, and I've found if c:\temp isn't there it doesn't crash out cleanly.
Yes jane.xml was me too in imageGrabLite. I found "Jane Erye" was a very good test for Zap2it data's unique_id and original air date fields since it has been on released in multiple version in different years on both TV and in Film.

Martin
Ok, I have updated the wiki and wrapped some of my code in DEBUG block, to reduce the risk of this happening again.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Did you notice what file was created? junk2.xml is usually the one I forget to comment out.

Martin
Yes it was junk2.xml and it's ok now with latest release, thanks.
However I get a crash when attempting to run recall searches if I press OK on remote or Enter on keyboard but not with play key on remote
Have you installed the NEWA patches for 1.3.6? The links are now in johnsonx42's sticky.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Have you installed the NEWA patches for 1.3.6? The links are now in johnsonx42's sticky.

Martin

Yes. Already patched. Crash data attached.
Petrovski Wrote:Yes. Already patched. Crash data attached.

Right you are, my changes for @channelNumber etc. didn't cover the NEWA saved searches, I will look at this tonight.

Edit: this should be working again now, updated on wiki.

Martin