NextPVR Forums

Full Version: comskip.ini for HD-PVR suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got the donator version of Comskip and use HD-PVRs for recording.

I've tweaked the settings slightly and am getting okay results, but think I can do a little better.

Any HD users in North America have a comskip.ini that's working pretty well for them? We record just HD content (no SD) from the major networks e.g. NBC, ABC, CBS, Discovery, Food Network, A&E, etc.
I posted a similar question a while back. As I recall, I had no response. I wasn't having any success, so I gave up. I would be curious to the settings that you are using to even have "pretty well" working.
I'm running comskip81_032_donators with the default ini settings on my HD-PVR - postprocessing, of course, and it's OK. On another machine I run comskip80_042_donators with Colossus and clear QAM recordings - that's run in parallel and the ini is tweaked a bit, but the only setting that makes much difference for me is "volume_slip=140" instead of the default value (=40).
FWIW, I run Comskip 1.4.6.0 (donator) on Comcast clear QAM, post-processing. I use the whole "shebang" (detect_method=255, not recommended as it may cut too much) but have very nice commercial cuts say 90% of the time. Very seldom are the cuts too much.
I've recently upgraded to comskip81-036_donators and all setting are default except I upped the detect method to 47 from the default. With NPVR 1.4.3 the skips are perfect for many recordings.

The most recent Discovery's Deadliest Catch was spot on perfect for each and every commercial. There are still a few shows here are there where commercials still sneak in, but I'm pretty happy with these settings - for now.