NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Part time encrypted channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got some channels on 19.2 deg that run part time encryption, I can watch them with DVBViewer but if I try with NPVR it just tells me they are encrypted. I guess the encrypted flag is set when it's scanned so NPVR refuses to try. Is there any way I can un-set the encrypted flag - it was easy in GBPVR but in NPVR do I need to go into the SQL database?
NextPVR only tells you it's encrypted at scanning time to help you decide if you want the channel or not. You can still enable it.

If you try to watch anything from that channel, if its unencrypted at the time then you'll see it, if its encrypted then you'll get message saying it's encrypted.
Good to know how it works, I also now realise where i was going wrong there were 2 instances of the same channel in the scan so i was not comparing the same channel in dvbviewer and npvr....all fixed now.
Elmo P, what happens when they are encrypted? i.e. are they at set times. Can you still select the channel but just get black noise? How do you know when there is something on unencrypted or not? I have just had an LNB installed pointing @ 19.2 E. Hope you are well and good.

cheers

steeb
Hi steeb, all good here except for extreme sleep deprevation no. 2 arrived in Febuary....I think the tiredness to children correlation involves a squared term.

I assume you are watchin F1? If I switch to an encrypted channel I get a black screen with writing in the top right saying encrypted content. I was trying to setup CANAL+ for the wife to watch along with the handfull of french channels we get at 5deg west.
Elmo Putney Wrote:Hi steeb, all good here except for extreme sleep deprevation no. 2 arrived in Febuary....I think the tiredness to children correlation involves a squared term.

Congrats to you and Mrs P on number 2 ickle Putney! We are at only number 1 ickle steeb approaching 8 months and I swear I have never been so tired in my life, so with a number 2 at squared term that thought scares me Wink

Quote:I assume you are watchin F1?

Indeed you have me there, LNB installed for express wish to not pay B-Sky-B for F1 :p

Quote:If I switch to an encrypted channel I get a black screen with writing in the top right saying encrypted content. I was trying to setup CANAL+ for the wife to watch along with the handfull of french channels we get at 5deg west.

V interesting, have just turned NextPVR server back on after months of builder dust frying it. Having some issues still getting it to work again but hope to be scanning 19.2 E soon......

Many thanks for the info, no doubt I will have more questions once all working again Wink

v best

steeb
Nope Sky are not getting any of my cash either...maybe if I was a football fan I might consider it...but I'm not and can't stand the sport....so sat in bed this morning with RTL on the PCH and Radio 5 live on our Revo wifi radio watching the F1. Without intervention the Audio was about 1second in front of the video which really was not a problem. The sync would certainly be better if I was in the lounge watching from the NPVR server (at a reasonable time of day -whatever that is these days), but either way it really didn't matter...it's very clear from the commentary on the radio that they are all watching the same video feed. . . it really worked well.

I'm not sure whats going to happen when I'm not around to watch it live, I guess I'll set up radio 5 live via dvbt in the NPVR epg and schedule a recording of the radio and the sat feed at the same time, then use VLC to play the radio and NPVR to play the video when I want to watch it - thats the cleanest way around it at the moment unless Sub wants to do some coding...
Hi Elmo P,

thanks for reply. I personally am not a huge sports fan, footie/rugby/golf/tennis are really not my areas of interest though sometimes I get sucked in by Darts and Snooker of all things!

But when it comes to F1 it is my sporting weakness Big Grin

However I think the deal done by Bernie $cclestone with Sky sucks and as not a sporting fan generally see no reason why I should be forking out vast sums of money just so that I can watch a Grand Prix!

Hence why I am following this thread with great interest and why I have added an lnb @19.2E to my sat dish.

My thoughts exactly on the same lines as you having the audio fed via R5. But as you say when it comes to a recording????

Am wondering if it is feasible to send the different feeds into graphedit and output as one?

cheers

steeb