NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV Timeshifting vs Scheduled recording.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not sure if this is support, or feature request...(feel free to move it if this is wrong)

I was watching Live TV, and had timeshifted back. As soon as a scheduled recording started, it immediately said "no tuner available", and ended. I still had about 15 minues of timeshifted livetv left.

It would be nice to be able to finish watching up to the end of what it had recorded in timeshift before the scheduled recording ended.

Is that possible, am I missing a setting someplace?

Thanks.
that is how it works, you're not doing anything wrong. I'm sure it's probably on sub's to-do list to improve that, but from what I've observed about the way NPVR does live tv it's going to require a bunch of additional logic to implement.
johnsonx42 Wrote:that is how it works, you're not doing anything wrong. I'm sure it's probably on sub's to-do list to improve that, but from what I've observed about the way NPVR does live tv it's going to require a bunch of additional logic to implement.
But it would be very nice to have this fixed, I'v suffered the same once or twice, and it is really annoying.
+10,000
ewww, seriously? it just stops and ignores remaining buffer?
yep, annoying for sure..
hope it gets some attention before next release..Smile
It is an irritation to have NPVR do that, but if it needs the tuner for a recording I would prefer to miss the end of the timeshifted live TV that I was watching rather than miss a scheduled recording.

However if you have multiple tuners, setting the option to "Use Reverse Priority For Live TV" in Settings > Devices, helps avoid this situation most of the time. By default both recordings and live TV will preferentially use the first tuner in the list on the Settings > Devices page. If you set "Use Reverse Priority For Live TV" then Live TV will preferentially use the last tuner in the list.
nrecord will seek out another tuner for a scheduled recording if you're watching live tv on the tuner it planned to use. the "use reverse priority for live tv" setting isn't too likely to have much effect on it.
johnsonx42 Wrote:nrecord will seek out another tuner for a scheduled recording if you're watching live tv on the tuner it planned to use. the "use reverse priority for live tv" setting isn't too likely to have much effect on it.
Correct. And this solution works in most cases. Thou, even with four operational tuners I still get cut off from paused live tv sometimes when there are many scheduled recordings.
johnsonx42 Wrote:nrecord will seek out another tuner for a scheduled recording if you're watching live tv on the tuner it planned to use. the "use reverse priority for live tv" setting isn't too likely to have much effect on it.
Strange - I decided to use the "Use Reverse Priority For Live TV" setting after NPVR stopped displaying live TV when it wanted to use the tuner for a recording, and I had a couple of other tuners available at the time as well. Having done that I didn't experience the same problem again.

However that was perhaps a couple of releases back and thing may have changed since then.
Deev8 Wrote:Strange - I decided to use the "Use Reverse Priority For Live TV" setting after NPVR stopped displaying live TV when it wanted to use the tuner for a recording, and I had a couple of other tuners available at the time as well. Having done that I didn't experience the same problem again.

However that was perhaps a couple of releases back and thing may have changed since then.
You will only experience cutoff of live tv when you don't have enough tuners for live and the scheduled recordings. Since npvr now seeks an alternative tuner if the planned one is in use, you won't see much difference by using Reverse Priority. If you are out of tuners, you'r stuck :o
Bump.

Sub, any chance you can fix this soonish?
Pages: 1 2 3