NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Colossus + Arcsoft = freeze and sometimes BSOD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably an arcsoft issue but I figure I may as well report it.

I finally got my IR issues sorted and both a Colossus and HVR-1800 working in the same machine with IRSS changing channels on the Colossus/STB.

If I change channels outside NPVR everything is fine. If I change channels with NPVR without a changer specified then I get a blip and the card keeps showing the same thing no problem.

Once I got USB-UIRT set up with IRSS and the command line set in NPVR while using the Arcsoft H264 decoder then NPVR freezes or, occasionally, BSOD.

Using the other decoders doesn't do this. All have audio and I think it was ffdshow that works perfectly. I'm happy with it working but in case it's something NPR is doing I'll attach the logs from it.
Usually a BSOD message identifies the faulting module, which may give you some clues as to where abouts the problem is happening. ie, it should tell you which driver is crashing (videocard, colossus, usbuirt etc).
you might try BlueScreenView: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

I've found it quite handy.