NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Schedules Direct Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a detailed procedure for setting up Schedules Direct in NPVR?

I have wanted to switch to NPVR for some time now. But, each time I try a new version, I just can't seem to get through the SD EPG setup. Neither the Wiki or Forum have been much help. I don't know if I have a software issue or I'm just not doing something right. This has been a real show stopper for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you trying to switch existing channels to Schedules Direct, or setup from scratch using Schedules Direct for the channel lists?
Hi Sub,

This is a new setup from scratch.
Analog channels or digital channels? There is a different process required for each.
I'm only on the Analog part but I need to do both. I have made a little progress since my initial request. Do I have to enter the EPG source and map each channel one at a time? They are all from the same source and map to their default channel numbers. Is there some way to enter them in one pass?
For analog channels, starting from scratch with an empty database, go to the Settings->Devices screen. Double click the analog device you want to setup. Hit 'import'. Set the EPG source to 'Schedules Direct'. Type in your SD username and password, then hit 'Download'. Select/Deselect the channels you want, then hit OK to add the channels.
Thank you Sub,

It worked great. I didn't realize what the "Import" function was for. (A little knowledge can be dangerous). I'll try the digital setup next.

Thanks again,
crossnet Wrote:Thank you Sub,

It worked great. I didn't realize what the "Import" function was for. (A little knowledge can be dangerous).
No worries. Hopefully you now see it was straight forward after all.

Quote:I'll try the digital setup next.
Digital is a little more complicated since you need to scan to find various information about the channels you have available. Unfortunately there is usually no info available in the stream to help tie the digital channels and the SD channels together, so you need to help it. General approach is:

Go to Settings->Devices, double click the digital device you want to setup. Scan for the channels. Select the channels you want to keep and hit OK to add the channels. The channels are no usuable, but not yet tied to SD. Hit the 'bulk map' button, set the EPG to 'Schedules Direct', then in the right hand column select the mapping. It'll then offer to try automapping the rest - this will only work if your broadcaster is transmitting names to allow the app to guess at the mapping. Otherwise you'll need to manually select the mapping for each.
Thanks Sub,

I did find the QAM Walkthrough on the WIKI and I'll try it out tomorrow. Many thanks to all who put this together.

crossnet