NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Retuning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Channel 4HD in the UK (on satellite) has just changed *back* to DVB-S from DVB-S2. I think the modulation and the FEC changed, but everything else remained the same including the channel name and service ID.

I'm not entirely sure what the process was meant to be within NPVR for this sort of (weird) retune, but here's how I stumbled my way through it...

First I confirmed the channel was no longer working. So I changed my tuning file to contain the latest info, then tried a retune (of just that transponder). Nothing was found. Perhaps because NPVR already had the channel as far as it was concerned.

I faffed about for a bit with no luck, then double clicked on the channel itself within the device list. It seemed to know it wasn't DVB-S2 anymore, but hadn't updated anything else. So I changed the other values by hand.

I then moved onto my second tuner and went straight to the edit this time without a tune. This time it thought it was still DVB-S2, but the channel still didn't work after the new settings were given. It still took a rescan (which continued to claim nothing found) to force the DVB-S2 combo boxes to be disabled.

This probably would have been easier if I'd just deleted the channel, but I was assuming I'd lose all my recurring recordings that were set up for it, so decided to against that. It's also probably a slightly weird situation, being a "tweak" to the existing channel, rather than a rename or full transponder move.

Iain
I'm intending to change the process for the next release to show all channel found, and give an indication of which channels have updated details.
sub Wrote:I'm intending to change the process for the next release to show all channel found, and give an indication of which channels have updated details.

Hooray. Smile That will greatly help with Freeview channels moving about / closing down.

For Channel 4 HD on Freesat, I managed to get it to update by scanning the transponder with the attached tuning file. Didn't have any problems, the logic in NPVR seemed to know what to do.