NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Search Alerting to Recording Conflicts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is something broken or a feature request. Smile

I used Search and found a show I wanted to record. I selected it as normal and when done it put be back to the search results, but my show wasn't highlighted in red. I figured I hit cancel or something and tried again. Same result.

Then I realized, all my tuners were set to record that night and I had none left available. Maybe a popup when that happens along the lines of "all tuners are already scheduled to record, none available"?
I usually get a message saying "No tuners available etc" when I try to schedule a recording when there is no tuners free. It is strange if you didn't get that message. Thinking about it, I haven't seen the message since upgrading to 2.4.3, but it does not mean it is broken, but again maybe...
It's when scheduling via the included Search plugin. I just tried again with the same result. If I attempt to schedule the same recording via the guide, I definitely get the no tuners free message. That part is working as expected for me.
I've just spent the last few minutes trying to reproduce this, but for me from the search screen it's correctly giving the 'No tuner available for this recording' message. I tried using both the 'quick record' and 'record' options.

Do you have any more details for how to reproduce it?
sub Wrote:I've just spent the last few minutes trying to reproduce this, but for me from the search screen it's correctly giving the 'No tuner available for this recording' message. I tried using both the 'quick record' and 'record' options.

Do you have any more details for how to reproduce it?

The only thing I did maybe differently, is I choose "Record Season, All Shows on this channel." The one conflict was also the only hit in the search, perhaps if there were others it might have highlighted them in red and left that one un-highlighted?
Yes, I was just about to point out that this happens when trying to set a Recurring recording, and the initial recording can't be scheduled. NPVR doesn't throw an error, it just fails silently. Quite maddening actually.