NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Won't login using iphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any remote PC works fine, but simply won't login using the iphone

I get to the login screen just fine, but it simply refuses to login using same logon and pwd that is successful from a PC?

k.
You are clicking log in on box below where name and password go
If you click go on keyboard it doesn't work

also do you have any spaces or weird symbols in your password or user name?

what ios version i did a search and see someone else had issues on ios5
the hash numbers didnt match much like what it said in your logs
im still on ios4 and it works fine
stustunz Wrote:You are clicking log in on box below where name and password go
Yes I am clicking (tapping) the box
stustunz Wrote:If you click go on keyboard it doesn't work
OK

stustunz Wrote:also do you have any spaces or weird symbols in your password or user name?
Nope ...

stustunz Wrote:what ios version i did a search and see someone else had issues on ios5
iOS 5.1
stustunz Wrote:the hash numbers didnt match much like what it said in your logs
I saw that bit, but the pwd is correct ...
stustunz Wrote:im still on ios4 and it works fine
Hmmm...
what happens if you use numbers only for password (just for testing)
I see you are coming in from an external IP (203.78.32.212)......do you have a way(or have you already tested) to test if this occurs when coming in via local IP via the iPhone?
I found this article......I wonder if that is it......not using a certificate but am using an MD5 javascript encryption library.....

Security
* In iOS 5, the signing of certificates with MD5 signatures is not supported. Please ensure that certificates use signature algorithms based on SHA1 or SHA2.
stustunz Wrote:what happens if you use numbers only for password (just for testing)
Same thing ... :-(
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:I see you are coming in from an external IP (203.78.32.212)......do you have a way(or have you already tested) to test if this occurs when coming in via local IP via the iPhone?
I'm not sure. Do you mean if I connect to my home network using wireless? I guess my router would assign Ann internal address. I think I did try that with similar results. Will check it out when I get back (just tried NEWA login again from the iPhone). Wanted to schedule a show ....
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:I found this article......I wonder if that is it......not using a certificate but am using an MD5 javascript encryption library.....

Sorry UJB, this is all Greek to me.
Let me know how I can help you test or troubleshoot it though.

k.
jksmurf Wrote:Sorry UJB, this is all Greek to me.
Let me know how I can help you test or troubleshoot it though.

k.

***Note - Make a backup of your web directory first ****

I want to rule out the MD5 encryption possibility......the attached overrides the saved password to test SHA256 encryption......once these files are loaded you will need to use the password "magic" to access the admin.

Let me know if you are willing to test it out via your iphone and if so whether it works or not.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3