NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Where specifically do I place the TVListings files and folder to enable the plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This information is not detailed in the Wiki - it only says that all files files need to be in the "Data" folder. Please provide specifics on which files and folders should go where if possible.
Just extract both the Skin and Plugins to the C:\Users\Public\NPVR directory overwriting or replacing any previous files.
Thank you.

I have done so and the plugin is showing on the plugin list. But when I try to add a Guide under the guide tab I receive an unhandled exception message "The type initializer for 'TVListings.Backend threw an exception." I am using Windows 7. Also the guide does not look any different to me.
Fixed the wiki link on TVListings page to DataDirectory.

cheers

steeb
After the download and "install", you should have a folder called TV Listings in the Plugins folder and folders called TV Listings and TV Recordings in the Skin folder.

Did you remove the ticks for Guide and Recordings and add ticks for TV Listings and for TV Recordings in Settings/Plugins?
No, I have a folder called Default in the Skins folder. In the Plugins folder there are two subfolders - Skins and TV Listings.

It seems I have done something incorrectly. Will look back...
My mistake. You should have TV Listings and TV Recordings in the Skin\Default folder.
ppijoseph Wrote:Also the guide does not look any different to me.
Note that there will be a new entry in the main menu for "TV Listings", "TV Guide" will still be the default one.