NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Program Guide Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up Windows to automatically run mc2xml daily though the task scheduler. My question is whether this is sufficient to automatically update the program guide, or is there some additional step I need to take to automate the process of grabbing the new xml file within nextpvr? If there is an extra step can someone detail what needs to be done step-by-step?
If the NPVR Recording Service is running at the EPG Update time specified in settings, then what you've done is all you need; it will automatically pick up the updated xmltv data.

If the Recording Service is not running at that time, then you'd need to run "nextpvr.exe -updatepepgonly" at the end of of your scheduled task, or at some point after the mc2xml task completes.
The batch file you are using with task scheduler should be your NPVR "updateEPG.bat" which should be in your "scripts" folder and you schedule the update time (the # of the hour) in "Misc2" in settings. 2AM= 2 , 2PM=14. But as johnsonx42 said ze recording service must be running.

And to be clear: as jx42 said,"don't use task scheduler"
no, you should not be calling updateepg.bat from task scheduler. the recording service (or nextpvr.exe) calls updateepg.bat at the beginning of the epg update procedure. if you are using updateepg.bat, then you shouldn't be using the task scheduler.