NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Skipping problems on in-progress recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I'm having problems skipping in-progress recordings on a client pc. I'm not sure if it is a problem on the server pc as I rarely use it to watch tv.

When I start watching the recording it seems that the timeline freezes at the time you start watching the recording. In the attached logs that is around 23 minutes into the recording. Once I passed the 23 minute mark any skip brings me back to the 23 minute mark. If I back out of the recording and start it over again the time line freezes to the new point of entry. Skipping will work again but only until I hit the end of the time line.

I'm running 2.4.3 with all patches.
I get the same behavior and this is new related to one of the new patches. What I find most irritating is that if you stop to be able to watch more of the program, you can't then resume from where you left off (it assumes you have watched the whole program). Hopefully this will be changed with the next release.
Give this patch a go. I'm pretty sure it'll resolve the issue.
Thanks sub
This patch seems to have solved the problem with the timeline but now the client abruptly drops the file around the time the actual recording completes. as described in this thread
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...-PC-client
Forgot the logs
I'm not sure why, but the patch doesn't seem to fix this for me. By any chance, will there be a new release soon that might include the fix?
cncb Wrote:I'm not sure why, but the patch doesn't seem to fix this for me. By any chance, will there be a new release soon that might include the fix?
There should be a new release available in the next couple of weeks. Its not clear to me what the cause of your problem is, if not the thing that was patched above, but after the next release I'll be back in the position to provide patches if the release doesn't fix it for you.
sub Wrote:There should be a new release available in the next couple of weeks.

Any update on this release, still in plan? Got an annoying skipping problem as well. Thanks
Its a little late so probably still a couple of weeks away. Sorry. Life got in the way.
Soon, I hope? The skipping problems I'm having are unfortunately making the Olympics a little painful to watch.
Pages: 1 2